CRM

AllanArrow
Participant

How to set up for 2 distinct types of contacts, Employers & Employees and relate them to each other

SOLVE

flow.jpgI operate an employment agencies and I have 2 sets of contacts, with distinct funnels. Potential Employers start as leads, become customers, and when they sign contracts become employERs, (at which time we have to provide after sales service).  Potential Employees start as applicants, and after passing interviews with my company, attend training, then have job interviews with customers who hire them. They become EmployEEs.  These two distinct contacts share an employment contract and when the relationship ends - they share details of the termination. 

I'm confused about the best way to set up my CRM contacts. I can set up custom properties for both ERs and EE's. EmployEEs data would include work history, etc. but not sure how to include custom properties such as contract info and termination details so that it will be available from both the ER and EE records . 

I would appreciate any advice anyone might have as to how to set this up. 

Allan

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

How to set up for 2 distinct types of contacts, Employers & Employees and relate them to each other

SOLVE

The answer provided by HubSpot Support on 30-Jan-2017 has not changed.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is there a bulk way to form companies by importing contact names into a company name field?

Short A: Not exactly.

Longer A:

You may import your companies (with or without associated contacts).

- see Set up your import file

- &/OR -

Have HubSpot Automatically create and associate companies with contacts

- see gif

hubspot-automatically-create-companies-gif.gif

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

The answer provided by HubSpot Support on 30-Jan-2017 has not changed.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
AllanArrow
Participant

SOLVE
Thanks for the quick response. Is there a bulk way to form companies by importing contact names into a company name field? Or am I looking at a record by record process?
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is there a bulk way to form companies by importing contact names into a company name field?

Short A: Not exactly.

Longer A:

You may import your companies (with or without associated contacts).

- see Set up your import file

- &/OR -

Have HubSpot Automatically create and associate companies with contacts

- see gif

hubspot-automatically-create-companies-gif.gif

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes