CRM

DanaKushnir

How to send test emails and sequences?

I'd like to send the first email of the sequence to my email address before I start sequence to a contact in order to check how my message loks like on the desktop and mobile. I'd also need to send all the sequence at once without delays to check it before sending it to contacts.

Is that possible? How do I do that?

Thank you!

8 Replies 8
PaulHub
Contributor

There's a kind of testing when you apply the sequence to a contact. Before starting the sequence, you'll see all the mails in the sequence and you can even change things like text, delay and time.

0 Upvotes
CEvans28
Participant

There is certainly nothing I love more about Hubspot than googling how to do something and finding months old forums of other people asking for the same thing, with no movement on it.

DBerger
Participant

Totally agree a Test Email feature is absolutely necessary! A potential client just decided not to work with us because our email showed to them as garbled characters - which I would have known had I been able to send a test email!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DBerger,

Thank you for your product feedback! 

I'd highly recommend upvoting this related feature request in the Ideas Forum and adding your feedback to the thread. By commenting on the thread, you'll be automatically subscribed to updates made to the idea by our Product Team.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @DanaKushnir,

There isn't any specific feature for sequences that allows you to send all emails in short succession – you would either have to clone the sequence and minimize all delays to 1 day (the minimum).

Or – since the building blocks of a sequence are the individual templates – you would go to your text contact record and send the templates from the sequences manually/individually.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LeslieV2023
Participant

Hi Karsten,

Is there any way to push this to the development team? It's extremely important to be able to at the very least, pull up a test view of what the email will look like for formatting purposes without having to wait a day to receive the email. A test button is crucial and I see that many clients have asked for this feature specifically dating back to 2019. Please let the powers that be know that this is basic functionality that we desperately need as soon as possible. We need to be able to see what the emails within a sequence will look like before we send them out to all of our clients. 

Thank you, 

Leslie V. 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your product feedback.  Currently, our product team reviews all feature requests in our ideas forum. I would highly recommend posting your feedback on this related feature request

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
GKeeler

Hi Karsten, 

Any ideas as to how we can get the Hubspot team to push this feature into their product pipeline IMMEDIATELY? For smaller sales teams making highly customized outreach, the ability to A/B test emails, test the sequence prior to beginning an outreach campaign is table stakes. I've seen comments and threads dating back to 2019 requesting this feature which is standard in competitor platforms like Growbots. What can we do to push this along from the community standpoint?