CRM

AWalker0

How to see Stripe subscriptions in Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hi there,

Just getting started with Hubspot and Stripe. I have a few paying subscribers in Stripe - but I can't figure out where this shows up in Hubspot.

I've synced Stripe with Hubspot using the integration and can see a few Invoices in Hubspot - but when I go to a Contact, I can't see anything on the Contact that even remotely indicates "this person has an invoice" or "this person just became a customer" etc.

Am I completely missing the easy or best practice on how to monitor/log subscriptions from Stripe in Hubspot?

I figure a lot of the emails/cadences I would set up in Hubspot would revolve around the basics of "this person just signed up for a trial" or "this person just became a customer".

If this post is in the wrong spot, just let me know.

Thanks for the help!

2 Accepted solutions
JonathanS
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @PamCotton !

@AWalker0 repeating what Pam said, there are two different integrations each with a different purpose. 

The Quote Integration -  this allows you to create a HubSpot quote with line items that creates a Stripe Hosted Invoice when a customer hits "pay now" on the quote. This as a result will create a new Stripe (if needed). I'm not super familiar with this integration but I believe it syncs some very basic level information about the customer/subscription back into HubSpot.

The Sync Integration - This does a basic level sync between HubSpot and Stripe. It allows you to custom map certain Stripe Customer, Invoice, and Product fields to the relative HubSpot Object/field. However, there is a lack of actionable subscription data meaning creating automation based on subscription status can be difficult. Especially if a customer has multiple subscriptions. 

We (hapily) also have a Stripe-to-HubSpot integration (Zaybra) that syncs Stripe Customers, Subscriptions, and Transactions to HubSpot. Zaybra also enables you to manage Stripe Subscriptions and Customers directly inside HubSpot meaning you can create subscriptions, transactions, refunds, etc. on the fly without leaving HubSpot. Since Zaybra keeps a live sync of Stripe to HubSpot information, you can create workflows and automated emails based on a customer's subscription status, subscription start date, billing end date, amount, etc. 

With Zaybra you would be able to setup a workflow to easily send a welcome sequence as soon as someone starts a subscription or even a free trial. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions! On top of being a HubSpot Partner, I'm also a Stripe partner so this is all right up my alley. 

Cheers 😁

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @PamCotton. Looks like Pam and @JonathanS have you covered @AWalker0. I wonder if HubSpot Payments (built on Stripe architecture) would be a good fit for you since you're moving into HubSpot? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
VictoriaGumaer
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi Community, I just want to raise that we're now piloting a very simple Stripe migration service.  If that's something you're interested in learning more about please email me at vgumaer@hubspot.com with your portal ID.  I'm happy to check your eligibility and set something up.

0 Upvotes
JonathanS
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @PamCotton !

@AWalker0 repeating what Pam said, there are two different integrations each with a different purpose. 

The Quote Integration -  this allows you to create a HubSpot quote with line items that creates a Stripe Hosted Invoice when a customer hits "pay now" on the quote. This as a result will create a new Stripe (if needed). I'm not super familiar with this integration but I believe it syncs some very basic level information about the customer/subscription back into HubSpot.

The Sync Integration - This does a basic level sync between HubSpot and Stripe. It allows you to custom map certain Stripe Customer, Invoice, and Product fields to the relative HubSpot Object/field. However, there is a lack of actionable subscription data meaning creating automation based on subscription status can be difficult. Especially if a customer has multiple subscriptions. 

We (hapily) also have a Stripe-to-HubSpot integration (Zaybra) that syncs Stripe Customers, Subscriptions, and Transactions to HubSpot. Zaybra also enables you to manage Stripe Subscriptions and Customers directly inside HubSpot meaning you can create subscriptions, transactions, refunds, etc. on the fly without leaving HubSpot. Since Zaybra keeps a live sync of Stripe to HubSpot information, you can create workflows and automated emails based on a customer's subscription status, subscription start date, billing end date, amount, etc. 

With Zaybra you would be able to setup a workflow to easily send a welcome sequence as soon as someone starts a subscription or even a free trial. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions! On top of being a HubSpot Partner, I'm also a Stripe partner so this is all right up my alley. 

Cheers 😁

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @AWalker0 , I wanted to confirm what specific integration you are currently using. There is Stripe payment processing that enables users to collect payments directly from their quotes using Stripe's checkout features. This integration is separate from the Stripe integration that uses HubSpot data sync to sync data between HubSpot and Stripe.

You can set up a one- or two-way sync, which means you can either sync data from only one app to the other or back-and-forth between both apps. You can also add a filter for any Stripe field.

I want to invite our top experts to this conversation @impulsekring @JonathanS @danmoyle any suggestions for @AWalker0 matter?

Thank you!!

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

AWalker0

SOLVE

Hey @PamM and @JonathanS ,
So sorry for the late reply. Didn't realize there had been activity on the thread! I'm using the integration that syncs data.

Currently I use Stripe pricing pages and customer portal to manage subscriptions/sign ups. I'm not using Hubspot quotes or to collect payments.

I'm hoping to get to something in Hubspot that just tells me "this person is on a free trial" or "this person is on a paid subscription". In Stripe, I think the field is Customer > Status. But I don't see that field in the Contact sync dropdown.

Is there a normal place in Hubspot people put basic info like that? Or do you create a custom property?

JTeam
Participant

SOLVE

Curious if you have found a solution yet? We are looking for the same thing!

0 Upvotes
AWalker0

SOLVE

Never found it. Feels like it'd be in the OOTB HubSpot+Stripe integration - but isn't. I ended up pulling it in via an integration with the platform we're running on (Bubble), which pulls in and uses the subscription status field from stripe.

JTeam
Participant

SOLVE

Oh cool! We are also using bubble. Can you share which integration you are using?

Feel free to email me via hello@thejobforme.com. We would be super grateful for any information!

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @PamCotton. Looks like Pam and @JonathanS have you covered @AWalker0. I wonder if HubSpot Payments (built on Stripe architecture) would be a good fit for you since you're moving into HubSpot? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/