CRM

JGutterman
Participant

How to restrict bcc to one Outlook account?

I use Outlook for several different email accounts and the Hubspot extension now adds the Hubspot bcc to all emails.  I want this to happen only for the appropriate account, how can I restrict this feature to work only with a specific email address or account?

5 Replies 5
RThompsonDupont

Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm experiencing the same.  

0 Upvotes
JGutterman
Participant

To be clear, the extension adds the bcc to all emails sent from Outlook regardless of whether the Send From account is associated with Hubspot or not.  The risk of sending an email with this bcc on some of my accounts is not acceptable, so I have had to uninstall the Extension, and Hubspot becomes much less useful as much of the value disappears.  We are hesitant to pay a fee for a system that does not work properly, so we are hoping this bug can be fixed soon.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @JGutterman ,

To restrict BCC feature to one outlook account , you have to set up one account as default. Check this article here.

I hope this helps

0 Upvotes
Participant

Could someone from support please clearly state if the HubSport Outlook plugin can be configured to NOT automaticly inject the tracking Bcc email into emails sent FROM specific accounts for users using Outlook with multiple email accounts? Yes, I understand I can blocklist emails but this only triggers based on the TO field and has no effect on the FROM field. I am clearly not the only HubSpot user who manages multiple email accounts with Outlook. For clarity, this has nothing to do with using multiple HubSpot accounts or wishing to switch between multiple accounts, it is specifically for those who wish to NOT be forced to manually remove the Bcc email from emails being sent FROM alternate email accounts being managed within Outlook. I appreciate the desire for professional support but a solid response like this would be appreciated: "no this is not supported and there are no plans to suppport it in the future".
If anyone has any tips on creating Outlook rules to automatically strip this Bcc out of emails based on the From field, please do share.
Thank You

PS. The linked support artical above is not helpful and does not provide any relevent information reguarding the specific topic of this thread.

0 Upvotes
JGutterman
Participant

Hello,

Thanks for the tip. It does not seem to do what I want it to do - I want
the Outlook Extension to only add the bcc to emails sent from the associated
account; I do not want to have to remember to remove it for accounts not
associated with Hubspot.

I do understand that I can block certain domains from being tracked, but I
want it to put the bcc only on emails sent via the associated account.
Right now it adds the bcc indiscriminately to all accounts so I had to
disable it after sending an email that I did not want it associated with.
It is a very dangerous way to go, so I had to disable it.

They need to make the extension smarter and only add the bcc to the email
account it is associated with.