How to remove closed deals from deal preview in a contact profile?

Occasional Contributor

Hi! I want to be able to remove closed won or closed lost deals from the deal preview in a contact profile. It makes it very difficult to find current deals quickly when viewing a contact. Thank you!

12 Replies 12
Community Manager

Hi @tbls-amanda

Currently it is not possible to hide closed deals from the contact record without completely deleting the deal. 

@Phil_Vallender discussed some workarounds for filtering closed deals in this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Contacts-Companies-Deals/Move-closed-won-and-closed-lost-from-deals...@Phil_Vallender do you have any suggestions for organizing this data on the contact record? 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @jennysowyrda @tbls-amanda

Beyond what was discussed on that other thread, I don't have any other ideas at the moment. 

We havent really encountered this issue yet as our clients tend to have low volume, high price deals. 

Good luck. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
New Contributor

We have high volume, low cost deals, so leaving everything sitting on the pipeline is terrible for us. I have a CSV from our old CRM with over 1,000 deals in it that I want to import for historical record, but I am extremely hesitant to do that given the fact that they will all be sitting open on the deals dashboard.

Regular Contributor

Hi Linda,

I agree that this is a problem, but you mention using the Deals Dashboard... if you are on the Deals page, you can quickly add a filter where "Deal Stage" is "none of" Closed Won, or Closed Lost.

This doesn't fix anything on the Contact profile sidebar/ deal preview, but if you're looking at a lot of deals, it does display them nicely on the Deals page.

Regular Contributor

We also would like this functionality, or at the very least the default should be set to sort showing Open deals first in the view. Most of our customers have several Closed deals, however that information isn't all that relevant to most Sales people for forecast and seeing what's in the pipeline.

Regular Contributor

I agree.  This is very frustrating when you have 50 deals to contend with and there is no rhyme or reason to how they are sorted.

Has this functionality (to not be forced to 'delete' deals in order to see only active ones) been submitted as a feature request? 

Not only is there a need to remove inactive deals from the 'Deal' dashboard, as one is currently forced to 'delete' in order to achieve this, it also means that the user doesn't see value of business won in association with contacts. 

Thanks! 

New Contributor

I would be very greateful to have a feature that allows us to "Turn Off" the Closed Lost deals without having to permanently delete them from Deals.  This could allow for reports of Closed Lost deals for management review.

I feel its extremely valuable to report back the lost opportunities and why they were lost.  However, if the lost deals are deleted, that does not allow Closed Lost reasons and dollar amounts to be viewed later on for analysis by management.

As far as feedback on our product and dollars, we vary from $1k to $4m deals.  Should we move forward with Hubspot, it would be roughly 100+ deals a month to log.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @kbrown,

I wanted to share this idea which requests the functionality of archiving deals, and could be of interest to you.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

This seems to be excactly what im refering to... one step further - maybe they could "Archive" automatically after a set amount of days/weeks?  This way after the sales staff notes Closed Lost, the Archive Program knows to pick it up.  Just a thought.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

SO LETS SAY THE USER CREATES A CONTACT, YOU CALL IT YOU CLOSE IT. IT LOOKS LIKE THE DEAL SAVES IN DEAL AREA EVEN WHEN YOU DELETE THE CONTACT. SO IN THEORY YOU CAN CREATE THE CONTACT AND WHEN IT CLOSES YOU SIMPLY DELETE THE CONTACT AND YOU HAVE THE INFO SAVED IN THE DEAL SECTION OF THE CRM. I HAVE ONLY TESTED THIS ONCE REALLY QUICK AS WE HAVENT STARTED USING THE CRM YET, BUT IT SEEM IT WOULD WORK.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Why would you want to delete the contact? I'm pretty sure most people in this thread wouldn't want to, and while that technically solves the problem, keeping information on Contacts is a big reason to have a CRM in the first place.

0 Upvotes