CRM

Bomerang
Participant

How to pull in incoming leads from email into pipeline?

SOLVE

I just was on the chat support with HubSpot and they said it is possible to pull in incoming leads from emails and forms into the CRM pipeline.

I tried to find instructions on youtube and google with no sucess though. Any help?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
LSunstrum
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I'd be very cautious of doing that! Keep in mind the pipeline strictly represents "Opportunities" that are very likely to buy and that have engaged the sales team. The lifecycle of Opportunity is right below Customer, so I wouldn't put any automation in place to put all email, social media, forms and ads leads into opportunity ever. I'd put them to MQL or Lead depending on the form submission and then see if they want to get a quote. If they get a quote and are likely to buy, then I put them to Opportunity.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Bomerang,

Yes, this is possible.

Before you set up your portal, I'd recommend reviewing this definition of lifecycle stages and pipeline stages. In HubSpot, contacts are created in the CRM and not shown in a pipeline view right away, only when they are considered an opportunity should a deal be created. This deal is then tracked through a pipeline.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Bomerang,

Yes, this is possible.

Before you set up your portal, I'd recommend reviewing this definition of lifecycle stages and pipeline stages. In HubSpot, contacts are created in the CRM and not shown in a pipeline view right away, only when they are considered an opportunity should a deal be created. This deal is then tracked through a pipeline.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LSunstrum
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I'd be very cautious of doing that! Keep in mind the pipeline strictly represents "Opportunities" that are very likely to buy and that have engaged the sales team. The lifecycle of Opportunity is right below Customer, so I wouldn't put any automation in place to put all email, social media, forms and ads leads into opportunity ever. I'd put them to MQL or Lead depending on the form submission and then see if they want to get a quote. If they get a quote and are likely to buy, then I put them to Opportunity.

Bomerang
Participant

SOLVE

Just ro clearify, my question to the support was following:

Hi, I wonder if HubSpot offers the feature to add all incoming leads, like Instagram, Facebook, emails, forms and google ads, as a lead to the pipeline for us to sort after?

The reply was following:
Yes - with our tools you can automatically pull in incoming leads from social media, emails, forms and ads!

So as we only consider the free or starter pack we got this reply:

Our form and email lead generation tool are in Starter- however our social media tools are only in the professional and up packages.

So question is - can we only create deals manually from the incoming email? Or can they somehow automatically be added to the pipeline? And if they can, what toold are needed and whats the process?

0 Upvotes