CRM

CSmidt

How to prevent contact owner change using the Professional Level

SOLVE

I know that in Enterprise there is the ability to lock down users ability to change properties.  Is there a way to do it using the professional subscription?

I am trying to prevent users from changing a certain property that needs to be populated once, show on the left pane, but not be changed again as it impacts reporting and other features we use.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

-C

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CSmidt,

One way to achieve this is to create a copy of this property. If we're talking about the Contact owner property, you would start by creating another user type property and call it, um, Initial contact owner – DO NOT EDIT OR ELSE.

As a next step, you'd create a contact-based workflow which enrolls all contacts when "Contact owner is known" and then copies the value from Contact owner to Initial contact owner – DO NOT EDIT OR ELSE.

You would now report on this new property. It's still not locked property but the likelihood of people finding this property and then editing it despite its name is quite low. It doesn't appear in any sidebars and it's not linked to any of the default ownership assignment features.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CSmidt,

One way to achieve this is to create a copy of this property. If we're talking about the Contact owner property, you would start by creating another user type property and call it, um, Initial contact owner – DO NOT EDIT OR ELSE.

As a next step, you'd create a contact-based workflow which enrolls all contacts when "Contact owner is known" and then copies the value from Contact owner to Initial contact owner – DO NOT EDIT OR ELSE.

You would now report on this new property. It's still not locked property but the likelihood of people finding this property and then editing it despite its name is quite low. It doesn't appear in any sidebars and it's not linked to any of the default ownership assignment features.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.