CRM

Jaime
Membre

How to migrate data from Zoho to Hubspot

Résolue

Hi

Has anyone migrated data from Zoho CRM to Hubspot? I am facing issues with the phone number format when exporting from Zoho CRM. There is only one option to export the data into a .csv file and the phone number results in the cells having different formuals in place of a number.

Thanks 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
ashley_milne
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi Jaime,

Yes, we use API to import data from Zoho to Hubspot, rather than CSV files. This is because, as you have noted, there are some issues when exporting your data to CSV and trying to do a manual import. There are also other limitations that you may wish to consider when importing via CSV into Hubspot:

1) You cannot import activities or notes into Hubspot at this time (similar question asked here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Importing-Company-Data-with-activity-timestamps/m-p/9676#M316) 

2) You would have to import your Deals separately and then re-associate them to their Companies/Contacts after the import. Here is another thread on that topic: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/CRM-Deal-Import-Automatically-Associate-with-Contacts...

3) Contacts and Companies can only be associated by the domain - if you want to retain the relationships you have in your source data, this may not be possible. More info on this here: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Archived-Discussion-Board/How-to-import-and-associate-contacts-with...

If you choose to import over the API, you will bypass these issues. Import2 offers this as part of our standard migrations. You can try a free sample migration with your own data anytime here:  https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm/from/zohocrm. Another great thing about our import is that we can migrate your Notes and Attachments from Zoho, which is often a tricky thing to accomplish when exporting to files. 

Best,

Ashley

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

16 Réponses
DianaGomez
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @MichaelTomar, hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Votes
SamSmith
Membre

Résolue

Hi there,

The data migration theme is close to me as I faced this issue not long time ago.

So, here’s my experience.

I was sure that data migration is a simple process and it won’t be hard to do it by myself. So, I began copy-pasting all the records manually. But that task took too many time and effort.

Therefore, I thought that it would be nice if someone else will do data transfer instead of me. However, it turned out very expensive.

Finally, my friends advised me to use automated data migration service. It became my way out. All the data was switched to HubSpot CRM in an hour. Moreover, all the relations between records were kept.

So, don’t waste your time as I did, and take advantage of Data2CRM.

Hope, it is helpful.

TrucksByGlen
Contributeur

Résolue

@Jaime I didn't have any issue with the phone numbers coming in, but I do think I had to change the cell properties to "text" for the phone number row for the spreadsheet to translate properly.

0 Votes
TrucksByGlen
Contributeur

Résolue

I've been using Hubspot for 4 months and still happy I switched from Zoho CRM. (Although I still have Zoho active and check in because I could not import tasks that I have scheduled.) I still periodically check for someone to have updates on how I can blend stuff for free instead of paying someone like Import2, but to no avail. It's been worth the trouble for me at this point (vs spending about $500 for 10,000 contacts) since my task list in Zoho isn't that large and I can manage with checking in periodically and catching up on the tasks.

Boy, though, wouldn't it be great if that was built in? I also had issues with associating contact with companies unless there is an email address -- and even creates a second company based on web address -- but I am working through it little by little. If you don't have time for "little by little," it would be worth the expense to have API import. In retrospect, I would have done been interested in pay service but I didn't have trust for Hubspot yet; and now I don't want to mess with what I've already done so I'm going to lumber through.

0 Votes
ashley_milne

Résolue

@TrucksByGlen

Hi there! I wanted to post an update here that Import2 now has a self-service CSV import tool, Import2 Wizard (https://wizard.import2.com). So, if you have your tasks (or any other activities and/or notes) to import into your Hubspot records' timelines, you can use this tool to do that. There is a mappings step you can link these entries to the appropriate contact/company/deal as needed as well. 

The Import2 Wizard does have a free tier, and its free to create an account if you'd like to give it a try. 

0 Votes
TrucksByGlen
Contributeur

Résolue

@ashley_milnethanks for mentioning it and confirming I am aware: Yes I had witnessed the self-service option with Import2. But how does Import2 count the fields -- only filled in values count as data, or any? (For analogy purpose, if I export to CSV I get every field -- even if blank or unused by me. Would Import2 still count those columns?)

For others reading this, Ashley is referring to the 1,000 line freemium model: it would be a good way to test the service before commiting. Remember that each account will have several columns: name (1), address (2), suite (3), city (4), state (5), zip (6), phone (7), fax(8), website (9), and then the contact's info, tasks, deals, etc. Hubspot also lists the Hubspot user, who created the record, what type of customer it is (lead, evangelist, etc). If I were converting a company I want all that data; but is there an option for an individual like me to weed that out in order to save $?

0 Votes
ashley_milne

Résolue

@TrucksByGlen

I can help clarify for you - the 1,000 limit refers to the number of rows. This means in a typical export from your source database each company and/or contact record in your file. You can have as many columns (i.e. fields) as you need, but up to 1,000 rows (records) of data.

Hope this helps! 

0 Votes
TrucksByGlen
Contributeur

Résolue

@ashley_milne

That makes it more interesting. So for $99 (one month self service fee) I can have all 10,000 account, their contacts, and there tasks imported to Hubspot and properly assigned?

0 Votes
ashley_milne

Résolue

@TrucksByGlen Yes, if you have files under 100,000 rows you can use the paid option to import all your data into Hubspot that way

I'd encourage you to try for free, starting even with a small sample file, and let us know if you have any questions on how it works! We have live chat support so we can assist you if you run into any trouble or have questions on the functionality. 

0 Votes
TrucksByGlen
Contributeur

Résolue

@ashley_milne Does pricing need to be updated? I tried the sample import but now it's telling me I need to pay $499 for remaining import. Earlier in this thread I asked about the one-month $99 fee to import everything and I understood your "yes" to mean that's all it would cost. Please offer more insight.

And to update everyone else, what I found so far on the import:

1) Yes, It paired the contact and the account. All account details appear to match what was imported.

2) It created new records, but also website records (if you already use Hubspot, you probably know what I mean when, but when you don't have the web address already on the Hubspot account Hubspot automatically creates a new account based on web address). So the import created two accounts, plus for me who started with a manual conversion from Zoho to Hubspot I have the original records now that I need to merge (now 3 accounts); but if I want to keep all the records I have in Zoho then the merging is a minor detail that can easily be taken care of by merging duplicates when the scheduled meetings/events come up -- at least they would come up!

3) The Meetings and Tasks imported correctly.

0 Votes
ashley_milne

Résolue

@TrucksByGlen

Looks like you might have been on our data migration full-service site. The $99 pricing is correct for the CSV import - here's the link: https://wizard.import2.com

If you have any trouble you can chat me direct from there too!

And FYI for the duplicate companies created based on website, if you disable that feature in your HubSpot settings beforehand you should not have this issue. (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-does-the-automatically-associate-con...

0 Votes
TrucksByGlen
Contributeur

Résolue

@ashley_milne

Now that I've been using Hubspot for many months, will the data I have been overwritten? Or supplemented? Would the unassigned contacts in Hubspot remain, or would the API find the duplicate and assign to the company?

0 Votes
ashley_milne

Résolue

@TrucksByGlen You can choose what to import as new vs. update your existing data. And for updating data, you may choose which fields, etc. to update and which to leave intact.

I'd recommend setting up an account and giving a test a try and we can walk through any specific examples or issues you face for your particular dataset together

0 Votes
Nataliia
Participant

Résolue

Hi, you can try an automated migration service Data2CRM to perform the secure migration. The SaaS provides you with an opportunity to move the desired records easily and without any programming or copy/pasting. Also, you can take advantage of the detailed data mapping to fit your business requirements.

ashley_milne
Solution

Résolue

Hi Jaime,

Yes, we use API to import data from Zoho to Hubspot, rather than CSV files. This is because, as you have noted, there are some issues when exporting your data to CSV and trying to do a manual import. There are also other limitations that you may wish to consider when importing via CSV into Hubspot:

1) You cannot import activities or notes into Hubspot at this time (similar question asked here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Importing-Company-Data-with-activity-timestamps/m-p/9676#M316) 

2) You would have to import your Deals separately and then re-associate them to their Companies/Contacts after the import. Here is another thread on that topic: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/CRM-Deal-Import-Automatically-Associate-with-Contacts...

3) Contacts and Companies can only be associated by the domain - if you want to retain the relationships you have in your source data, this may not be possible. More info on this here: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Archived-Discussion-Board/How-to-import-and-associate-contacts-with...

If you choose to import over the API, you will bypass these issues. Import2 offers this as part of our standard migrations. You can try a free sample migration with your own data anytime here:  https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm/from/zohocrm. Another great thing about our import is that we can migrate your Notes and Attachments from Zoho, which is often a tricky thing to accomplish when exporting to files. 

Best,

Ashley

GarryMill
Participant

Résolue

Hey guys! Just curious why you wouldn't just use the ZOHO CRM - HUBSPOT sync that's available by downloading the ZOHO CRM addon into HUBSPOT from market place? Here's a link to a video explaining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Nmt_XXZOc