CRM

DerKaiser

How to mass update records?

SOLVE

I have exported all of my companies to csv in order to update several custom fields. I'd like to re-import and "upsert" these records but I don't see definitive guidance on how to do this.

I am the admin and I'm using SalesHub Starter.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DerKaiser,

If your company records have a domain, you can re-upload your list and it will update based on the company URL, without creating new objects. 

Alternatively, you can do this using the object ID. Specifically, in this case, it would be company ID. You can download the current list of companies ensuring you are downloading the company ID and then map the id to your updated company records before re-importing as a CSV.

Either of these processes will allow you to update your company records in bulk.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DerKaiser,

If your company records have a domain, you can re-upload your list and it will update based on the company URL, without creating new objects. 

Alternatively, you can do this using the object ID. Specifically, in this case, it would be company ID. You can download the current list of companies ensuring you are downloading the company ID and then map the id to your updated company records before re-importing as a CSV.

Either of these processes will allow you to update your company records in bulk.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

DerKaiser

SOLVE

Sweet! That worked perfectly.

0 Upvotes