CRM

LNitti
Participant

How to map line item properties to deal properties

SOLVE

Using a workflow, is it possible to copy a line item value to a deal property? I have been working with Zapier, but can't seem to figure out how to automate it.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LNitti - apologies for missing the above response.

Not sure if you'd be open to an external solution, but I've previously worked on a project where there was a requirement for detailed line item reporting from the finance team. This included for example extrapolating forecasted revenue into the actual month in which the revenue would fall and also reporting on revenue by line item etc. 

After trying to build directly in HubSpot we came up short of the mark and so in the end turned to an external provider who had the exact solution required. It could be worth checking out in your case if you are still trying to get this solved: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/quarterone

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello @LNitti 

It would be useful to understand the use case here and why for example you wanted a line item value to a deal property? Did you know for example that the deal amount can be updated automatically based on line items added?  - just trying to understand a bit better what the requirement is. 

In the meanwhile I can confirm it is possible to use the workflow tool to copy from line item to deal properties so you shouldn't require Zapier to do this. You need to create a Deal workflow and then you can add Line Items as an additional data source in the copy step. 
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.38.58.png

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

LNitti
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jonno,

The issue is we have multiple products. So, using "Line Items: most recently updated" doesn't mean it will be copied to the appropriate property. We have multiple products with a healthy mix of one time fees and AAR fees, which makes it incredibly difficult for reporting purposes. I want each line item value to be copied into a deal property which I can then pull into reporting. I hope that all makes sense.

0 Upvotes
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LNitti - apologies for missing the above response.

Not sure if you'd be open to an external solution, but I've previously worked on a project where there was a requirement for detailed line item reporting from the finance team. This included for example extrapolating forecasted revenue into the actual month in which the revenue would fall and also reporting on revenue by line item etc. 

After trying to build directly in HubSpot we came up short of the mark and so in the end turned to an external provider who had the exact solution required. It could be worth checking out in your case if you are still trying to get this solved: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/quarterone

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LNitti, I hope that you are well!

Great question, thank you for asking!

Just to clarify, when you mention Zapier, so the line item value is added by Zapier and then synced to HubSpot, and you'd like to copy this line item value in HubSpot to another deal value. Please let me know if that's not the case.

I found the solution from @karstenkoehler on this similar post "Workflow to copy Product Line Item value to a Property" that might help you!

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @Jonno_Price, @himanshurauthan and @Phil_Vallender do you have other suggestions to help @LNitti, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a brilliant day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

LNitti
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @BérangèreL 

This is what I am using Zapier for:

LNitti_0-1708959295784.png

My goal is to get the line item to map to the deal properties to allow our reporting to be more accurate. Right now, we have mutltiple products with different one time fees and annual reoccuring fees and the reporting we have combines all the products together when there is multiple products on one deal. I want the line item to map to individual deal properties to allow us to split up the products for reporting. I hope that makes sense.

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LNitti, I hope that you are well!

Thank you so much @Jonno_Price for your help on this!

Hi @Jonno_Price, @Jnix284 and @Bryantworks do you have other suggestions to help @LNitti on this specific use case, please?

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BérangèreL I only know of similar solutions to what Jonno proposed with a third-party app. I'm not sure how it would work with Zapier.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin