CRM

BRyder
Participante

How to manage our company that has 2 separated internal companies but 1 website

resolver

Hi,  we have implemented HubSpot for our company on our commercial business side.  So far it has been a huge succes (marketing and sales professional).

So now we want to implement this for our government business part of the business.

Issue is how to manage this effectively.  We have 1 website for our company, so leads and webforms etc come from 1 location as such.  These come into Hubspot.  However thr questions and fields required for the government business is different to commercial.  I am not keen to have contacts and companies pages showing all the fields of both..

Also the commercial team should not see the government business information. 

Can I create a 2nd Hubspot account for the government business? And if so then how do I handle website leads etc.  I suspect they can only be directed to 1 account.. Can I send a lead that comes into our commercial business over to the government business?

Or is there another way to handle this?  Thanks for any help possible.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @BRyder,

You can use user permissions, especially the contact access permissions, to limit who can see contacts, companies, deals etc: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide#object-access

These permissions are based on the owner of a record. If you have a commercial form, all contacts would have to be assigned to or rotated among the commercial team. Everyone on the commercial team would have to have "team only" contact access permissions. Government team users could not see these contacts if their permissions are also set to "team only".

With HubSpot's new feature that lets you log in as another user (if you're an admin), you can check whether this works as espected: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-in-as-another-hubspot-user

That leaves the question of the website and the forms. You have two options here:

(1) If you want to keep using the same form for both business lines, contacts would have to self-identify in the form, as either a commercial or government contact. You wouldn't have to call it like that in the form but there would have to be a way for you to separate these contacts.

(2) Or you create multiple forms, much easier. One form for government pages, one form for commercial pages.

In both cases, you would then leverage workflows to automatically assign contacts to the correct contact owners. (In scenario (1), this workflow would enroll contacts who submitted the form and if/then branch based on the self-identification. In scenario (2), you would branch based on whether the commercial or the government form were submitted.) When a contact submits a form, they would be assigned to an owner and only be visible to their team, see above.

There is also a business units feature which might be interesting for you. I'd recommend talking to your account manager whether this is a good fit or not, this involves additional considerations.

This is a potentially very big topic, let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @BRyder,

You can use user permissions, especially the contact access permissions, to limit who can see contacts, companies, deals etc: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide#object-access

These permissions are based on the owner of a record. If you have a commercial form, all contacts would have to be assigned to or rotated among the commercial team. Everyone on the commercial team would have to have "team only" contact access permissions. Government team users could not see these contacts if their permissions are also set to "team only".

With HubSpot's new feature that lets you log in as another user (if you're an admin), you can check whether this works as espected: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-in-as-another-hubspot-user

That leaves the question of the website and the forms. You have two options here:

(1) If you want to keep using the same form for both business lines, contacts would have to self-identify in the form, as either a commercial or government contact. You wouldn't have to call it like that in the form but there would have to be a way for you to separate these contacts.

(2) Or you create multiple forms, much easier. One form for government pages, one form for commercial pages.

In both cases, you would then leverage workflows to automatically assign contacts to the correct contact owners. (In scenario (1), this workflow would enroll contacts who submitted the form and if/then branch based on the self-identification. In scenario (2), you would branch based on whether the commercial or the government form were submitted.) When a contact submits a form, they would be assigned to an owner and only be visible to their team, see above.

There is also a business units feature which might be interesting for you. I'd recommend talking to your account manager whether this is a good fit or not, this involves additional considerations.

This is a potentially very big topic, let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.