CRM

bbizzle

How to make signature and email font/color/size match?

SOLVE

I cannot for the life of me get my signature and email body to match. Anyone else having this issue? 

Could the differences be from copying and pasting my signature from gmail into hubspot?

1 Accepted solution
DianaGomez
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PaulLimb@coolstemforkids@RebeccaReed and @bbizzle hope you are having a great day!

The font-family used when you view an email in HubSpot (draft or sent) is "Avenir Next W02". This is the font we use throughout most of the HubSpot app and is rendered by the browser. The font will also change across email providers as this will render subject to the recipients device settings, and we can't control this on our side.

At the moment, we are not able to select the font used for "simple" email signatures. Therefore, we would recommend to choose a font-family that is both web-safe and generic, such as Arial, for the email body. In this way, all contacts who open the email in Gmail, Outlook or other email providers will see a consistent font across body and signature. The only caveat to this is that the email signature font will look different when the email is viewed in the HubSpot app. 

Hope this helps clarify 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
KKuypers
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, @DianaGomez is there a solution for this now that its 2024? I would like to make my email signature text blue like my body text, and add a disclaimer text in smaller font type. Please help, thanks!

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KKuypers

Thanks for the tag. I was investigating, and indeed this is still the case. However, I came across an idea that had already been posted by another user in our Ideas Forum: Global Email, template, snippet font & size formatting.

To contribute, upvote the existing idea and share more details about your specific use case in the comments.

Thank you,

Diana

¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Upvotes
NPW
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello All,

If you would like for the default font to update your templates/snippetts, etc, please upvote the following thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Global-Email-template-snippet-font-amp-size-formattin...

NovelaMW
Participant

SOLVE

Same issue here. We signed up with HubSpot for professional toolsets. It is extremely shocking that this rather large detail was overlooked and continues to be unresolved. Our templates, sequences and automated outreach all appear sloppy, haphazzard and very unprofessional to the point that we paused using these tools right now until there is solution. If we cannot use these tools and have the results appear professional, why are we paying so much? PLEASE, HubSpot, correct this ASAP.

AaronBoatin
Contributor

SOLVE

This still remains an issue and is problematic as it makes emails coming out of the CRM to look haphazzard and unprofessional (spammy) with the font and font size not matching. 

We can do better than this, right @dharmesh?

dwf
Contributor

SOLVE
One wonders if this message board is monitored by anyone at HubSpot with the power to prioritize. Months ago I received outreach from the company that one of my other similarly confounding issues was being worked on and invitation to beta, but no further followup.
dwf
Contributor

SOLVE

For all the customization available in Hubspot, non-customizable items like this, never cease to amaze me!! Why design a **marketing** tool that allows for font changes but cannot match the body of a message with its signature? Such a rookie mistake. Picture smiling with spinach in your front teeth. sigh... 

WORSE...its not just the signature. I just created a "Salutation" snippet. Pretty standard stuff for the past 30 years of working with CRMs...but that font won't match an alternative body font either. 

Oh, and one more thing - the line spacing on the signature is smaller. So even if I use the default font, my signature still won't match.  

DianaGomez
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PaulLimb@coolstemforkids@RebeccaReed and @bbizzle hope you are having a great day!

The font-family used when you view an email in HubSpot (draft or sent) is "Avenir Next W02". This is the font we use throughout most of the HubSpot app and is rendered by the browser. The font will also change across email providers as this will render subject to the recipients device settings, and we can't control this on our side.

At the moment, we are not able to select the font used for "simple" email signatures. Therefore, we would recommend to choose a font-family that is both web-safe and generic, such as Arial, for the email body. In this way, all contacts who open the email in Gmail, Outlook or other email providers will see a consistent font across body and signature. The only caveat to this is that the email signature font will look different when the email is viewed in the HubSpot app. 

Hope this helps clarify 🙂

Best, 

Diana

Dee99
Participant

SOLVE

Hello,

I really can't understand how this still hasn't been solved! Everyone here in Hubspot has this problem. It looks extremely untrustworthy when the font size and type of the signature differs from the text.
Even if I choose Arial in the text, the signature is in a different font size!
How are we supposed to use Hubspot like this?

When will there finally be a solution here?

RebeccaReed

SOLVE

I have exactly the same issue and I haven't used any coding.  

I've made sure the font, size and colour match in the "User Defaults" section and in the branding tab under "Marketing > Emails" section. I don't know what other options we have?

@sharonlicari any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
coolstemforkids
Participant

SOLVE

I agree ,,  

I want my signature Font to be larger so it matches..   I cannot find a place to increase the size of my signature.. 

0 Upvotes
PaulLimb

SOLVE

I also have this problem.
When I send an email the body text shows as Tahoma 11 and the signature as Calibri 11.
I don't care which font I use but just want one to match. 
I am not using any code. I am just using the simple signature format tool

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bbizzle 

Welcome to the Community!

Could you please share a screenshot of your signature? How it should look? Could you please share the code you are using? With this information, the Community will be able to assist you.

Thanks

Sharon

bbizzle

SOLVE

Thanks for getting back to me. I wasn't using any code - I removed all formatting to keep it simple. The issue was that the email composition screen that shows the signature displays a different font and formatting from the body of the email, BUT when the emails are sent, they are correct (unformatted). So the issue was simply the display of the signature and nothing else. Not sure if that is a bug or just a way to differentiate the signature from the body. 

Thanks again for the help!

HRZ
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @bbizzle this was the answer I was looking for! No issue once email is sent 🙂

0 Upvotes