CRM

RikuE

How to make it obligatory to associate a deal with a company?

SOLVE

I would like to make it obligatory for my sales team to associate a deal with a company when a deal is closed and won.  When it is just a lead, it does not need to be yet associated with any of the companies in our register. How to do that? 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RikuE,

This is now possible! 🙂 You should find this feature as a public beta by clicking the menu in the top right corner (the dropdown that appears when you click on your profile image) > Product Updates > Betas > [Public Beta] Configure associations when a record is created.

You can then configure the the record create form under Settings > Objects > Contacts / Companies / Deals / Tickets > Customize the 'Create ...' form.

Here's the full announcement:

[Public Beta] Configure associations when a record is created

Dec 8, 2022

What is it?

Currently, you aren’t able to set associations as visible or required when a new standard object record is created. This means that admins lack control over record creation, leading to inconsistent data and gaps in associations between records.

This feature will enable you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. You will be able to set both standard objects and custom objects as visible or required associations.

Note: This feature is not reflected in the Mobile experience yet.

Why does it matter?

Without this feature, you miss out on being able to segment deals or contact decision makers based on the deal status. For example, if a deal is created, and no associated contact is required, you miss the opportunity to attribute that deal to a specific rep.

How does it work?

Navigate to Object Settings, then click on “Customize ‘Create Record’ Form.”

In the left sidebar there is a section called “Associate [Record] With.” Check boxes to add an association to the form, and set these associations as required using the right panel.

A cardinality icon next to each option represents whether a record of that type can be associated to one or many other object records.

There are three scenarios where the “one-to-one” cardinality option will appear:

• Contact → Companies
  • Deal → Companies
  • Ticket → Companies

Selecting the Companies → option means that a user will only be able to associate one company record to a new contact, deal, or ticket record, and this company will be automatically labelled "primary."

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RikuE,

This is now possible! 🙂 You should find this feature as a public beta by clicking the menu in the top right corner (the dropdown that appears when you click on your profile image) > Product Updates > Betas > [Public Beta] Configure associations when a record is created.

You can then configure the the record create form under Settings > Objects > Contacts / Companies / Deals / Tickets > Customize the 'Create ...' form.

Here's the full announcement:

[Public Beta] Configure associations when a record is created

Dec 8, 2022

What is it?

Currently, you aren’t able to set associations as visible or required when a new standard object record is created. This means that admins lack control over record creation, leading to inconsistent data and gaps in associations between records.

This feature will enable you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. You will be able to set both standard objects and custom objects as visible or required associations.

Note: This feature is not reflected in the Mobile experience yet.

Why does it matter?

Without this feature, you miss out on being able to segment deals or contact decision makers based on the deal status. For example, if a deal is created, and no associated contact is required, you miss the opportunity to attribute that deal to a specific rep.

How does it work?

Navigate to Object Settings, then click on “Customize ‘Create Record’ Form.”

In the left sidebar there is a section called “Associate [Record] With.” Check boxes to add an association to the form, and set these associations as required using the right panel.

A cardinality icon next to each option represents whether a record of that type can be associated to one or many other object records.

There are three scenarios where the “one-to-one” cardinality option will appear:

• Contact → Companies
  • Deal → Companies
  • Ticket → Companies

Selecting the Companies → option means that a user will only be able to associate one company record to a new contact, deal, or ticket record, and this company will be automatically labelled "primary."

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EDelGaudio
Contributor

SOLVE

Any update for mobile?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EDelGaudio,

Thanks for reaching out!  This feature is not available for the mobile app experience yet. 

I don't have a roadmap of when this feature will be available in the app yet, but I would recommend keeping an eye on the "What's New" resources and your product update emails for updates from our product team. 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
EDelGaudio
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello,

I mean but not have the same possibility desktop/mobile is very frustrating

0 Upvotes
MADiLillo
Participant

SOLVE

Has this exited beta or has it been removed from a beta option?

I have  client request that this would solve completely, but I can't seem to find this within the public beta access anymore.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MADiLillo,hope you are doing well!

This product update is Live. Please check this quick video with the steps.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Upvotes
EDelGaudio
Contributor

SOLVE

It has no sense have this update only for desktop and not for mobile app.

in addition, there is not the possibility to set mandatory for Line items and the most serious thing Is not to have the possibility to associate a Line item in a deal on mobile app.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EDelGaudio,

Thank you for feedback.

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

EDelGaudio
Contributor

SOLVE

We hope you add this feature soon.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EDelGaudio,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would recommend upvoting this related idea: Make "Associated company" required in deals adding

I also suggest commenting on the idea so our product team can read your feedback. 

Thank you,

Kristen

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @RikuE 

Currently, the only way to associate deals and company records together is through the association card when creating a company/deal or by manually associating these records through the company/deal card.

With that being said, I can see how this would be useful to be able to associate deals with companies.

I did some researching on our community forum , I found a similar idea here: Make "Associated company" required in deals adding

I suggest if you could please leave your comment in that idea and also a upvote so our developers can be aware of our customers requests of new features.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

LLuo
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @PamCotton. Our company needs the same feature @RikuE is describing. In fact we need both Contact and Company associations to be mandatory when creating a new deal. The driving factor behind this is our need to measure marketing ROI. Imagine Marketing is creating a new lead (Contact) and that lead is not associated with the Deals in our pipeline. Without such association we are unable to see if the lead was effective toward sales conversion. A similar rationale exists for Company association, if we conduct account-based marketing. Please make this possible! 🙏

RikuE

SOLVE

Thank you for your answer Pam! I will leave my comment on the forum.