CRM

Qizzle
Participant

How to let customers update their own information

SOLVE

Where you have multiple contacts associated with a company, is there a way you can give a designated contact access to review and update the information you have??

Ideally with a way that you can approve or decline each suggested contact edit..

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Qizzle,

Not out of the box, no. For something like this to have the user experience that you'd expect it to have, contacts would have to be able to log into a portal where they can access the information that's saved about them. HubSpot doesn't have such a feature, everything happens locally through a web-based form.

A HubSpot form is not looking up what's saved about a contact. You can prefill it with known information, but it's not a lookup (which is an important differentiation). If something should change about the information in the HubSpot CRM while the form is opened in a browser tab, refreshing the form would not refresh the information.

There are ways to pre-populate a form with known information. A contact could review this pre-filled form and then submit it, yes. (Forms also support company properties so that part wouldn't be an issue.) I've explained how to set this up here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Filled-form-with-customer-data/m-p/761635/highlight/true#M13904...

You could either have the information overwrite the existing field directly or you would have to save it in another field for review.

If you opt for the latter, this review process could be set up using workflows and internal notifications and custom properties. When the form is submitted, you could include the previously known information and the recently submitted one. By setting a custom single checkbox called "Approve new information", for example, a workflow could copy the values from the recent submission properties into the actual properties.

Without a Professional subscription, this review process cannot be set up.

Let me know if I should elaborate anything in more detail!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
sherrychen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Qizzle ,

If you consider third party tool, maybe check out this one call Liyfe.io spreadsheet in marketplace. It supports share dashboard (read and edit) with users that do not have accounts in your HubSpot. You can define which properties are editable for your external user and which ones are readonly.

Hope it helps

sc

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @sherrychen,

Thank you for sharing 🙂 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Qizzle,

Not out of the box, no. For something like this to have the user experience that you'd expect it to have, contacts would have to be able to log into a portal where they can access the information that's saved about them. HubSpot doesn't have such a feature, everything happens locally through a web-based form.

A HubSpot form is not looking up what's saved about a contact. You can prefill it with known information, but it's not a lookup (which is an important differentiation). If something should change about the information in the HubSpot CRM while the form is opened in a browser tab, refreshing the form would not refresh the information.

There are ways to pre-populate a form with known information. A contact could review this pre-filled form and then submit it, yes. (Forms also support company properties so that part wouldn't be an issue.) I've explained how to set this up here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Filled-form-with-customer-data/m-p/761635/highlight/true#M13904...

You could either have the information overwrite the existing field directly or you would have to save it in another field for review.

If you opt for the latter, this review process could be set up using workflows and internal notifications and custom properties. When the form is submitted, you could include the previously known information and the recently submitted one. By setting a custom single checkbox called "Approve new information", for example, a workflow could copy the values from the recent submission properties into the actual properties.

Without a Professional subscription, this review process cannot be set up.

Let me know if I should elaborate anything in more detail!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Qizzle
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you. I'd be interested to see the type of workflow that could be set up for approving new information that you mention.

However, does your answer regarding a portal, allow for the situation of a contact also editing or suggesting changes for other contacts from their shared organisation/company?

0 Upvotes