CRM

SBeg

How to import pivot data between contacts and companies?

SOLVE

Hi all,

We are importing data from an architecture where companies and contacts have many-to-many a relationship joined by a pivot table with pivot fields.

For example, Joe Bloggs is a single contact associated with two companies and has a unique email address and job title for each of the companies.

So for example, for ACME Corp he has:

Joe@acme.corp

Marketing Director

And for Wonka Industries he has

joe.bloggs@wokna.com

Sales Executive

How can I import and display company specific fields for this contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Gilempert
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBeg,  I would have to say no. In Hubspot, email is the unique identifier that is used for contacts, so contacts can only have one primary e-mail address.

You can store e-mail addresses in the e-mail property as a secondary e-mail address, or even in a custom property, but the main one would be the one used for all communications. That's why I don't think the option of working with custom properties would work in this case either.

But they don't currently have the ability to associate an e-mail address a contact uses if they have multiple to an actual company association.

Kind regards,

Gisele

Gisele Lempert

Co-Fundadora

Vende Más

HubSpot Certified Trainer - HubSpot Certified Partner

website
https://www.vendemas-mkt.com/
Programa un entrenamiento

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Gilempert
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBeg ! You may find this article helpful: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file : "To import and associate multiple ...

Also: "To import association labels (Professional and Enterprise only), include an Association label column. You must create the association labels in HubSpot prior to importing. To set multiple labels to describe the relationship between two records, you can include multiple association label values in one cell, separated by a semicolon (e.g., Manager; Billing contact). If you're importing association labels in a multiple file import, you need to include the Association label column and a unique identifier for the object you're associating in the same file. To create child-parent company associations via import, include a Parent company column in your import file with the parent companies' Record ID values. Learn more about importing child companies".

Source: HubSpot's Knowledge Base 

Hope that helps!

Gisele Lempert

Co-Fundadora

Vende Más

website
SBeg

SOLVE

Hi Gisele,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. However, it doesn't answer the particular question I raised.

I am au fait with associating contacts to companies while importing (and we do so via API).

My question was with respect to a Contact having different email addresses, each for the different companies it is associated with.

So Joe Bloggs who works for ACME has joe@acme.com, who also works for Wonka Industries and has joe@wonka.com.

Does HubSpot architecture allow for pivot data between contacts and companies?

0 Upvotes
Gilempert
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBeg,  I would have to say no. In Hubspot, email is the unique identifier that is used for contacts, so contacts can only have one primary e-mail address.

You can store e-mail addresses in the e-mail property as a secondary e-mail address, or even in a custom property, but the main one would be the one used for all communications. That's why I don't think the option of working with custom properties would work in this case either.

But they don't currently have the ability to associate an e-mail address a contact uses if they have multiple to an actual company association.

Kind regards,

Gisele

Gisele Lempert

Co-Fundadora

Vende Más

website
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SBeg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:
hi @MFrankJohnson@Gilempert@JuanGomez0818 do you have any advice for @SBeg ?

Thank you!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !