CRM

HenrikT
Teilnehmer/-in

How to import and associate contacts with companies

lösung

Hi

how do I import contacts that don't have the same email domain as the company that I want to associate them with? Is there another way of linking them together in the import process?

Thanks!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
BrettLanguirand
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hello @HenrikT,

Thank you for your question.

The email/domain association setting when importing ignores contacts with freemail email addresses (gmail.com, outlook.com, etc). In these cases, HubSpot will also look at the Contact property "Website URL" to see if we can match that property value to the Company Domain Name on the company record.  If the contact is not using a freemail email address, but their email address is also not the same as the company, the contacts would have to be manually associated to the correct company.

I hope this helps.

Brett

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

30 Antworten
Arran
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Yes can confirm from support steps to take are...

1. The import file would mainly need two columns:

1. The contact email address
  2. HubSpot Company ID

2. When starting the import process, select One file and in the next step, Multiple objects.

3. From there, select the objects you're looking to update. In that case, e.g. Companies and Contacts.

4. When you're uploading the file, you will see a checkbox on the page - "Update existing records using "Object ID" exported from HubSpot".

5. After clicking on Next, a pop-up will appear, allowing you to select the column header in excel that corresponds with the company ID.

Jonno_Price
Ratgeber/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @Arran // @JGranville 

It is definitely possible to associate contact to company via import mechanism.  Just a case of knowing how to do so. One method I use all the time is to have the company properties and the contact properties in the same row and then select multi-object import (matching by Company ID)

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

brandondithbrry
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

lösung

You can associate contacts to companies by conducting a multi-object import. Just make sure the Contact ID is a header in the sheet and the Company ID is a header with the correct ID for the company you want to assign. If the company is new, just create the companies in an initial import first, export their IDs so you have them in the contact import sheet, then simply run a VLOOKUP to assign the ID's to the companies for your contact import. If you need more assistance, please let me know. I'm a RevOps developer for RevPartners and we do these types of imports often. I just did one a few seconds ago. 😀

brandondithbrry

lösung

It is possible to associate contacts to companies using a Multi-Object import. If you need assistance, send me a message. I'm a RevOps Developer at RevPartners and I do this often. 😀

Arran
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Still unclear for me - there is nothing useful in the import contacts docs, that's all pretty basic.

How do we import a list of contacts with email (or contact id) alongside their company id, so that the import associates the 'associated company' field of the csv list od contacts? Is that possible in Hubspot? How? The 'associated company' and 'company id' don't seem to be options to map to. 

0 Upvotes
JGranville
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I gotta say, nothing in that course taught me a thing about the relatively simple process of pairing a contact with an associated company.  I've got company ID, I told hubspot to use that to match, and it failed for no useful reason.

0 Upvotes
Mojo-Jojo
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

A workaround is to type in a "fake" e-mail using the company domain in your spreadsheet when you import.  Then Hubspot will associate them with the correct company. Afterwards you download the contact list, to get the contact IDs, and replace the e-mail domains with the correct ones. Then you upload that to update the contacts with correct e-mail.

olimottola
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

This is pretty absurd, I should be able to associate it via the company's ID. This is nonsensical

Jonno_Price

lösung

@olimottola  - you can associate a contact via the company ID. You need to have the company properties and the contact properties in the same row and then select multi-object import (matching by Company ID)

Can I ask - have you completed the Hubspot Academy training on importing? https://academy.hubspot.com/lessons/importing-data-hubspot-crm

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

olimottola
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

I found a workaround and did things manually but when i tried to import a contact and a company at the same time I could not find a way to match my excel fields to the company ID in Hubspot. When i used the search function to look for company ID, it just wasn't showing up. Good to know its available. If I need to do this again, I will keep it in mind. Thanks

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @olimottola , could you please provide us more information on your roadblock? Were you able to follow the steps on this article here? 

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Q: Can we import notes into HubSpot contact records? And, can we build associations between contacts and comanies?

Short A: Yes. And, yes.

Longer A:

Beginning in December, the ability to import notes into HubSpot is now built-in fuctionality. And we can build associations between contacts and companies (without regard for email domain).

- see Everything You Need to Know About the New HubSpot Import

14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes 

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
HubspotUser3
Mitglied

lösung

It is incredibly unhelpful that every time you want to create a new contact that doesn't have an email address you have to manually add a company. 

JanaBand
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

By default Hubspot only has the ability to associate contacts with companies based on domain and email address. There is a possibility to link contacts to companies without email/domain using a third-party solution, such as Import2 Wizard. There, you can link contacts to your companies by any field, such as “name” or “ID” - or, even by custom fields that you choose.

Here is a quick video overview of how to associate contacts with companies while importing into HubSpot: https://youtu.be/hmwpums3Zpw

huotg01
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This link is useless: it is a private video.

Gaston

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hey @huotg01 ,

Happy Friday!

I wanted to also share along our knowledge base about associating records while importing as well. 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JanaB
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Hi Gaston,  sorry for that, here is a link that works: https://youtu.be/NP27PDeCYJU 

And much more about import and export Hubspot data: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH18gTWemhmApIDU5EuAaRbd8tzQHFBd3

Compuware
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

It looks like I can sign up for a free instance of the import wizard? I have a file of contacts that are not associated with any account records.

I have gone through the exercise of matching the accounts to these Hubspot contacts.   Now I want to reimport those existing contacts back into Hubspot but match them up with the SFDC Acct  ID.  I note that HubSpot will not allow this mapping. But if I undertand your thread I can use the import wizard and select the SFDC account ID to match?

End result would be account record matched to existing contact record. Is this correct? 

markkofman
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

@Compuware - yes, you are correct. You can use Import2 Wizard for free for a file of up to 1,000 rows of contacts.
And you may use any field to relate the contacts to their companies - including the field "SFDC Account ID".

hope this helps

0 Upvotes
Nataliia
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

There are several ways of importing and associating contacts with companies, and using the migration tools is one of them. For example, Data2CRM helps you perform the data transfer with the help of data2crm.api and migrates the records together with relations between the items automatically. Please, mail me directly if you need any help.

0 Upvotes