CRM

HenrikT
Participante

How to import and associate contacts with companies

resolver

Hi

how do I import contacts that don't have the same email domain as the company that I want to associate them with? Is there another way of linking them together in the import process?

Thanks!

1 Solução aceita
BrettLanguirand
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hello @HenrikT,

Thank you for your question.

The email/domain association setting when importing ignores contacts with freemail email addresses (gmail.com, outlook.com, etc). In these cases, HubSpot will also look at the Contact property "Website URL" to see if we can match that property value to the Company Domain Name on the company record.  If the contact is not using a freemail email address, but their email address is also not the same as the company, the contacts would have to be manually associated to the correct company.

I hope this helps.

Brett

Exibir solução no post original

30 Respostas 30
ashley_milne
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi there,

Another option to consider if you wish to retain your original Company/Contact relationships is to use API to import the data. This keeps the relationships exactly as you have them in your source data, and will link the records together in Hubspot during the import (regardless of the domain names). We offer this as part of our standard data migrations. You can check out how this will work with a free sample here: https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm

Best,

Ashley

BrettLanguirand
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hello @HenrikT,

Thank you for your question.

The email/domain association setting when importing ignores contacts with freemail email addresses (gmail.com, outlook.com, etc). In these cases, HubSpot will also look at the Contact property "Website URL" to see if we can match that property value to the Company Domain Name on the company record.  If the contact is not using a freemail email address, but their email address is also not the same as the company, the contacts would have to be manually associated to the correct company.

I hope this helps.

Brett

DJenkins5
Participante

resolver

Brett- How do I manually associate contacts to a company. Our issue is that we have a child and parent company that has the same domain. If we have a list of contacts that should be associated with a child company, how do we do that?

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
KJLUNDE
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Any updates on a solution for this?  Would be nice to be able to import contacts and have some field that can be entered that would link a contact to the correct Company.  I'm running into this issue frequently.  Could be different email domains, multiple offices for the same company, etc.  This is basic import functionality that would be nice to have through HubSpot without needing a third-party add-in work-around.  An ETA or status on whether HubSpot's Dev team is working on this would be great.

PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @KJLUNDE , Happy new year! As @Jonno_Price updated us,

"UPDATE: - it is possible to associate the contact object to a company object when you do the import. In fact, you can associate any 2 object types (contact, company, deal, ticket, note) using a common identifier. You have to structure the data correctly in the import file and use the multiple objects and associations functionality. Hubspot's import tool has been greatly improved. Details are here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-objects"

Were you able to follow the steps above?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

KJLUNDE
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Nope, still having issues.  (1) "Associated Company," is still associating incorrectly or just being left blank, and (2) importing with mulitple objects (Contact and Company), still imports my Contacts incorrectly.  I followed the steps in the link, but still not working.  I was hoping it would be easier to get the correct Associated Company and Firm Name imported correctly.

0 Avaliação positiva
Jonno_Price
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

@KJLUNDE  it is fairly complex and the formatting has to be exact - but I can assure you that once you learn how to do it - it does work. 

You need to have the company properties and the contact properties in the same row. 

Can I ask - have you completed the Hubspot Academy training on importing? https://academy.hubspot.com/lessons/importing-data-hubspot-crm

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jonno_Price

resolver

Facing the same issue here and trying to figure out if it possible to upload new contacts and associate them to companies already in Hubspot - but not according to domain name. Reason is the client has very specific data requirements and often there are numerous companies with the same or no domain name.

I assumed this would be possible using the Associated Company ID as the reference and to attach the contacts to the correct company and so prepared all data matching Associated Company ID to contacts in my import sheet.. But when trying to upload using the multiple objects method it is not possible to do this.

Connecting via email / domain is not going to work.

I've tried the new Object ID / multiple objects import but have not managed to figure it out.

UPDATE: - it is possible to associate the contact object to a company object when you do the import. In fact you can associate any 2 object types (contact, company, deal, ticket, note) using a common identifier. You have to structure the data correctly in the import file and use the multiple objects and associations functionality. Hubspot's import tool has been greatly improved. Details are here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-objects 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

JamesAppleton
Membro

resolver

Why don't you just associate companies with a column on the import file?

Or at least have this as an option.

Would be way better?

Why can't I just write in the same row as the contact on my import verbatim the name of the company I want it associated with? Why isn't this a feature?

Naminator69
Membro

resolver

100000% this. This sohuld absolutely be a feature. We should be able to assicate a person to a company in a spreadsheet