CRM

fpena
Colaborador

How to import activities associated to a contact?

resolver

We're trying to roll out our CRM to a team that has usually used other methods to track lead activity. Before we get to the point of API integration I was curious if there was a way to update a contact just using a CSV file? 

I know importing a contact is fairly simple but what if I want to also show that two phone calls have already taken place on that contact? Can I import that type of information too? Also is there a way to bulk update contacts using an import function as well? So if our sales team spoke with 10 customers and only made manual notes in a spreadsheet, could I import those updates into Hubspot? 

Thanks in advance!

Fernando Pena

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
AnaïsB
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hi Fernando, 

The import tool now offers notes, I haven't tried it yet and I'm not sure it would maintain the type integrity (calls and meetings will probably be logged as "notes" and not as engagement with the proper type), but if you just need the information on the relevant contact page, it can do the trick. 

Otherwise and if you're not integrating the API yet, a tool like zapier can do the trick - setting up a google sheet with the relevant columns, using it as trigger with "new row", and then pasting the information there... (Be careful not to do it in bulk though, it takes a couple seconds to proceed so best to do it 500 by 500 max). 

Hope that helps 😉 

Anaïs

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
AnaïsB
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hi Fernando, 

The import tool now offers notes, I haven't tried it yet and I'm not sure it would maintain the type integrity (calls and meetings will probably be logged as "notes" and not as engagement with the proper type), but if you just need the information on the relevant contact page, it can do the trick. 

Otherwise and if you're not integrating the API yet, a tool like zapier can do the trick - setting up a google sheet with the relevant columns, using it as trigger with "new row", and then pasting the information there... (Be careful not to do it in bulk though, it takes a couple seconds to proceed so best to do it 500 by 500 max). 

Hope that helps 😉 

Anaïs

fpena
Colaborador

resolver

This wouldn't be a large number of records so it does appear a batch process with Zapier might do the trick. Unfortunately just placing it in the notes section would create confusion because then Hubspot records actual tasks and anything done offline would just appear as a note. 

Thank you for the suggestion!

0 Me gusta
markkofman
Colaborador líder

resolver

You can use Import2 Wizard, a Premier HubSpot partner, as a solution. It utilizes HubSpot API to import activities (calls, meetings, tasks) as well as notes from a CSV.

You can also use the same tool to run contact or any other object updates.  Here is a quick video overview on how to update your existing records: https://youtu.be/3KunySQ7_Ac

Hope this helps

0 Me gusta