CRM

ddchbhs
Contributor

How to identify "cold", "warm", "hot" companies?

SOLVE

When I create a company, I would like to indicate the "warmth" of the opportunity, and provide some background.

So far I created a custom property called "background" (surprised I had to do that... maybe I don't have to do that and there is a better way, haha).

But I don't know how to express in a structured/filterable way which opportunities are "cold" leads, or that there is some connection making them "warmer" by degrees.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ddchbhs

I'm sorry, I may have misinterpreted your original question. 

If you have HubSpot Pro or better you can certainly score leads. Custom lead scoring lets you create rules and assign positive or negative points to them. The sum of points for each lead is shown in their HubSpot Score property. You would have to define how many points equals a hot lead vs. a cold lead. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @ddchbhs

There is no out-of-box way to do exactly what you are looking for so you will need to ether adapt exsiting properties or create custom ones. 

As for recording the background to a company when creating it, the custom property you already created is the best way to do that. 

Regarding company warmth - again, there is no default system for that. 

To create a solution for that which can be use to filter lists etc. I recommend you create a custom Drop Down property with values Cold, Warm, Hot. 

Hope this helps.

ddchbhs
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

Maybe I'm just not CRM savvy (correction: I'm not CRM savvy...)

How do you (or others) use HubSpot to add leads and "score" them?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ddchbhs

I'm sorry, I may have misinterpreted your original question. 

If you have HubSpot Pro or better you can certainly score leads. Custom lead scoring lets you create rules and assign positive or negative points to them. The sum of points for each lead is shown in their HubSpot Score property. You would have to define how many points equals a hot lead vs. a cold lead. 

Hope this helps.

RV1

SOLVE

I figured it out. I created it through "Contacts" instead of "Companies." In the "About" part of the particular contact, click on "View all properties" at the bottom. Then, under "All properties," click on "Create a contact property." Then click on the orange "Create a property" button. And you can pretty much take it from there. I named mine Lead Score and for Field type, I used Radio select, for mutally exclusive selections: hot, warm, cold. Hope that helps 🙂