but it didn't work. New chat conversations still appear as "Uknown Visitor"

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Lukasz

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Superstar

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Excellent question. You may wish to ask it in the Developers Form.

You'll typically get much more traction on developer questions from the HubSpot Developer Community. 🙂

Does that help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today so other searchers will see it as resolved.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

Occasional Contributor

Hi Frank,

thanks for your quick response. I'll try to ask on the Developer Forums and link the solution here if I get one.

Thanks,
Lukasz

Occasional Contributor

As far as I'm aware, conversations with existing contacts already come pre-populated with their information.

However, if they are new to the website (or I suppose deleted their cookies), you will only see Unknown Visitor. I am able to see returning visitors in the Live Chat I am running.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hiten Patel,

I'm trying to identify users of my app. I have their emails and added them to Contacts in HubSpot, yet when they start a chat I see them as Uknown Visitors.

BTW, are you referring to the HubSpot's Live Chat or the Live Chat integaration? I'm using the Chat provided by HubSpot.

Thanks,
Lukasz

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lukasz,

Ah right, so it might be slightly different for you. I am referring to HubSpot's Live Chat as I have been using that too, but for websites primarily.