How to have my sales lead vendor update my HubSpot contact database with a new lead

Highlighted
AHE
New Contributor

Hi Folks,

I am purchasing leads from a vendor, and currently they are emailed to me when they develop a lead for me.  I then cut and paste the lead contact information into my HubSpot by creating a new contact.

Is there something I can share (or I have to do) with my vendor to have them automatically create a new contact in my HubSpot everytime I get a new lead from them?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi
Yes, this is something we have set up for our Hubspot clients before.

There are likely a few ways to achieve this:

You could give them a very limited access Hubspot user account and have them import contacts in bulk or add contacts individually.

If you don't want to provide such access or want something more automated, something we have done before is to send contact properties sent in a structured format (XML) in a plain text email to a Mailparser.io inbox (Zapier also has an email parser built-in but is not as robust as Mailparser). Mailparser grabs the contact properties which it then passes to Zapier.com which creates a contact.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner

0 Upvotes
AHE
New Contributor

Hi Matthew, thank you for the reply.  This is what my lead source emailed me back!  Can HubSpot give me the API she needs?

This is Dana with Official Franchising. The team just notified me that they need the individual API Key code from HubSpot. We need this to integrate the two systems. We need the code format. If you ask them, they should know.what to look for. Thank you so much!

Warm Regards!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Just a friendly reminder that emailing purchased lists is against HubSpot's acceptable use policy. Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes