CRM

Openskies

How to have emails come in and create a lead?

SOLVE

I get leads from my website, I would like for them to come into the crm and create leads for me, they contain name, email, phone. Also can I have more then that info in my online form and have it populate into the crm?

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Openskies If you activate the marketing platform in your account your can take advantage of Collected Forms. You will need install the HubSpot tracking code. Once that step is complete, acitvate Collected Forms and HubSpot will "listen" for any form submissions from your site, then create and populate new properties based on that form. Find out how to use Collected Forms in your portal here.

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Openskies If you activate the marketing platform in your account your can take advantage of Collected Forms. You will need install the HubSpot tracking code. Once that step is complete, acitvate Collected Forms and HubSpot will "listen" for any form submissions from your site, then create and populate new properties based on that form. Find out how to use Collected Forms in your portal here.

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
GianlucaPerseo
Participant

SOLVE

@edjustenDear Ed, could you kindly explain me the exact meaning (some generic examples would be useful) of your statement?
<<HubSpot will "listen" for any form submissions from your site, then create and populate new properties based on that form>>

I have the free marketing and free sales platforms. As far as I have understood by collected forms, in the Hubspot free sales databe only default info (PROPERTIES?) such as email, name, surname and phone will be synced inside the contact tables. So what is the meaning of creation and population of new properties?
Example: Let's say that my customized contact table is made up of 6 columns, I guess that the contact table won't enlarge to 12 columns on the way to host 6 more "new properties" coming from other parties' forms activated on my wordpress website, will it?
Gianluca 🙂

ejusten said: If you activate the marketing platform in your account your can take advantage of Collected Forms. You will need install the HubSpot tracking code. Once that step is complete, acitvate Collected Forns and HubSpot will "listen" for any form submissions from your site, then create and populate new properties based on that form. Find out how to use Collected Forms in your portal here.

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @GianlucaPerseo When you activate Collected Forms, HubSpot will monitor or watch your site for any new form submissions. Once a form is submitted a new contact will be created, and the name, Surname, email and phone number will be synced. Any other fields in the form will be created under the Collected Forms property group when viewing all properties.  Find out more about Collected Forms at this HubSpot Academy Resource.  

GianlucaPerseo
Participant

SOLVE

Oh, I see Ed. I'll soon test some custom-forms builders for my wordpress website anche check out how visually the collected forms tool will populate itself with the new properties that cannot be synced by default. About your sentence:
"HubSpot will monitor or watch your site for any new form submission",

since I'm testing the marketing FREE platform, does your statement also mean that after 7 days of website activity after lead capture the collective forms tool will have limitations in showing me the upcoming new properties? In fact I'm trying to find a correlation between your statement and the following FAQ:

Are contact insights tracked & stored even after the 7 day window expires in Hub Marketing Free? 
Yes. The 7-day timeline begins when a new contact is entered into your Marketing Free account. After 7 days the contact/lead insights will not be available for Marketing Free users. Upgrading to Marketing Starter will unlock the historical contact insights again

Thank you so much, and I wish you a good day.
Gianluca

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @GianlucaPerseo . 

"After 7 days the contact/lead insights will not be available for Marketing Free users."

This refers to the website activity of the contact. Once a contact is created, you can see seven days worth of the contact's activity on your website, including hte total number of visits and the number of pages visited. You will also see those page views in the timilne. Once the seven days has expired, you will not see that information. However, if you upgrade to Marketing Starter, the historical information will return.

Ed      

Openskies

SOLVE

I turned on collected forms and it says it just works, I don't see a tracking code where would that be?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Click here for instructions on installing the HubSpot tracking code.

Ed 

0 Upvotes
Openskies

SOLVE

Thanks its working now Smiley Happy