CRM

johannes-m
Contributor

How to get properties of a custom object.

Hi there,

I created a custom object in hubspot and I want to get the properties of that object. 

1. Can I use https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/properties/{objectType} endpoint to get those properties.
  2. How can I find {objectType} for the created custom object.

Thank You.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
sherrychen
Participant

Hi @johannes-m ,

When you create custom objects, it will ask you to enter plural object name, can you try use it as object type? For example, pet is object name, pets is object type on my screenshot

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 12.36.27 PM.png

Hope it helps

SC 

0 Upvotes
johannes-m
Contributor

Hi @sherrychen ,

I tried entering the plural object name (Cool objects) and also internal name (cool_objects), but both doesn't work for me as mention below.

Screenshot from 2023-04-07 11-27-15.png

Screenshot from 2023-04-07 11-30-08.png

My real use case is to get all the available custom objects in the account and get all the properties for each object. I couldn't find any  endpoint for this.
To get the properties I can use this endpoint -> /crm/v3/properties/:objectType?archived=false

But how do I get available object types?

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @johannes-m

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they can help out: 

Hi @Phil_Vallender@Bryantworks@deepikaverma, do you have any advice for @johannes-m? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings