CRM

paymahn
Participant

How to get notifications for 1-1 emails?

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get notified when a customer responds to a 1-1 email.

My workflow if I wasn't using hubspot and only using gmail would be:
1. send email to prospect

2. wait for response to come to inbox

3. respond to customer

4. archive email

5. repeat from step 2

Right now if I send a 1-1 email to a customer and they respond, the hubspot web app doesn't notify me of this response which makes it extremely difficult for me to follow up with prospects - I have to manually check each prospect's contact card to see if there are responses.

Am I using hubspot incorrectly? Is this a feature that's missing? Should I change my workflow?

I spoke with Sales and they suggested I connect my personal work email as a conversation channel as a workaround but that seems like a non-ideal solution because these channels end up being public-ish to the rest of the employees at my company. It really feels to me like I'm missing something fundamental here.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
paymahn
Participant

Ah darn, I guess I'm still not being clear, my bad! Let me try again.

I'm finding it difficult to follow up on 1-1 emails with potential customers. The reason I'm finding this difficult is because I don't have much transparency into when those emails are responded to. Because I don't know when the emails are responded to I'm finding that I manually check the contact details of each contact to see if there's a response and checking each contact is extremely inefficient. Does this part make sense?

> Assuming you've integrated with Gmail, surely the replies will be sitting in your inbox?

Yup, I've integrated Gmail and yes you're right the replies will be sitting in the inbox. In my ideal world (which might not be possible or reasonable) I wouldn't have to check Gmail for replies to emails. Ideally I'd like HubSpot to notify me when a 1-1 email has been responded to.

Interesting idea on the filter. I'll definitely give that a shot. The "Recent Sales email replied date" filter is new to me and might solve the exact problem I'm having!

As for sequences, I think that's only available to the Professional version of HubSpot which is much too expensive for me right now. I would love to use that feature but can't afford it. I'm thinking about figuring out how to export contacts to another tool like ActiveCampaign for email marketing.

0 Upvotes
paymahn
Participant

Hey Josh,

Sorry for not being clear!

My current workflow with Hubspot is:

1. source contact from the web

2. add contact to hubspot

3. hit the "email" button from the contact detail page

4. write and send email

5. repeat steps 1-4 several times in one day, making multiple contacts

5. the next day, check in on each contact detail page to see if the customer has replied <--- this is the inefficient step

I'm wondering if there's a way to be notified of email responses in 1-1 conversations so that I don't have to manually check the contact detail page for each contact I've emailed.

Is that clearer?

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @paymahn,

I'm also slightly confused by this!  

Assuming you've integrated with Gmail, surely the replies will be sitting in your inbox?

You can use filters in Contacts to quickly check stuff like this.  I'd set up two filters, one called "Contacts who've replied" using the "Yesterday" dynamic date, as follows:

Screenshot 2020-11-11 110602.png

You could then, perhaps, have a separate trawl through each week for create date in past but no response, and send them a second email.

A more efficient way of dealing with non-responders would be using Sequences to automatically send a follow-up if they haven't replied.

Hope this helps!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @paymahn,

I'm not sure I fully understand the process here. Are you manually emailing them when they open to the first email even if they aren't responding?

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer