CRM

rompo

How to flag client / no client? or product category

SOLVE

I want to sort the contacts in lists like

- Contact (no client, no request, just an address I gathered)

- Lead (asked for an offer, but no client yet)

- Client (bought 1 or more things)

And if it's client, what product/service category did he buy? so another filter of "client" like the following:

- Service 1

- Service 2

- Service 3

The idea is to make lists of all this groups of contacts. How would you do that? By creating properties? Is there no default value for this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @rompo 

In order to sort contacts based on Contact, Lead, Client you can use HubSpot Default Contact property Lifecycle stage. It has various suitable options that can suit your needs.

Screenshot_2019-09-09 Property settings.png

Next for sorting out purchased services, you can go with either of these options:

1) Create a custom contact property having list of your services and for each contact, you can make that property populated based on what service they purchase from you.

2) You can also make use of HubSpot Deals and Products Library. You can create your services as products on HubSpot and on each purchase make them synced as Deal on HubSpot and attach the purchased services/products to Deals. Make sure to attach the Deals to the contact also in order to make tracking easier. Next you can form a final list based on product purchases.

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
warrendavey
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Can you send me an example sheet of what you need?

My first thought is, yes, you need to have properties to delineate what you are filtering. Also, you may need more than one view because you need a constant along with the variable for sorting in order.  These views may also be a good report that can distinguish to different properties of a "client" against related products. I would think that maybe a cross data report may help if the relationship far spread. 

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

0 Upvotes
rompo

SOLVE

Thank you, I guess the first answer is fine.

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @rompo 

In order to sort contacts based on Contact, Lead, Client you can use HubSpot Default Contact property Lifecycle stage. It has various suitable options that can suit your needs.

Screenshot_2019-09-09 Property settings.png

Next for sorting out purchased services, you can go with either of these options:

1) Create a custom contact property having list of your services and for each contact, you can make that property populated based on what service they purchase from you.

2) You can also make use of HubSpot Deals and Products Library. You can create your services as products on HubSpot and on each purchase make them synced as Deal on HubSpot and attach the purchased services/products to Deals. Make sure to attach the Deals to the contact also in order to make tracking easier. Next you can form a final list based on product purchases.

Thanks

rompo

SOLVE

Great, thank you!

I think "lifecycle stage" is it... I also found "lead status". 

"Deal stage" would be great as a property. Otherwise, you have to edit the stages always twice (once in the deal and than again in the lifecycle stage).

Products Library is a premium feature. So thats not an option - for now. But another property for the product/service will be ok, I guess.

@himanshurauthan Edit:
What if I client buys more than 1 product? I think I can't handle this with properties.

himanshurauthan

SOLVE

@rompo
make that contact property as multi checkboxes. This will make the property to hold more than one Value in short it will act like multiple select field.

Thanks
0 Upvotes