CRM

mgadomik

How to filter companies in this manner : "Before <LastContactDate> OR <LastContactDate> is unknown"

SOLVE

Hi, 

I would need a filter which could display simultaneously the companies I contacted before a certain date, and the companies which were not contacted yet. However, when I try to filter with "last contact date", I can either display one (before <date>) or the other (<date> not existing), but not both at the same time.

Would there be a solution to this ? 

Many thanks !

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tms0003
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

How to filter companies in this manner : "Before <LastContactDate> OR <LastContactDate> is unknown"

SOLVE

I’m assuming that you’re looking to sort by these parameters so that you can see which contacts are due to be contacted. Though you can’t stack filters, you can get around this by working with a Queue.

The first thing you need to do is go into your Tasks and create a Queue for these contacts. This can be a call queue, and email queue, a follow up queue – whatever you want to call it.

Then, go into your companies or contacts and create a view for each of the scenarios that you want to filter by. In this case, your views would be:

• “Last Contact is Before” and your date
  • “Last Contact is Unknown”

Doing this creates the two sets of data. Now, to put it to use you need to merge the data in some way. You can’t stack filters the way that you’re looking to do, but what you can do is add both of the views to a single queue (hence, why you created the queue before you started).

To do that, while you are in your first view, select all of the companies in the view and click on “Create Tasks.” While in the task creation window, fill out the data as required. At the bottom of the window is a field called “Queue.” Select the Queue that you want to add these companies to (the queue that you created before starting). Then, repeat this process with the second view.

Now, when you go into your tasks and click into your queue, you will be able to see both sets of data.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
tms0003
Solution

SOLVE

I’m assuming that you’re looking to sort by these parameters so that you can see which contacts are due to be contacted. Though you can’t stack filters, you can get around this by working with a Queue.

The first thing you need to do is go into your Tasks and create a Queue for these contacts. This can be a call queue, and email queue, a follow up queue – whatever you want to call it.

Then, go into your companies or contacts and create a view for each of the scenarios that you want to filter by. In this case, your views would be:

• “Last Contact is Before” and your date
  • “Last Contact is Unknown”

Doing this creates the two sets of data. Now, to put it to use you need to merge the data in some way. You can’t stack filters the way that you’re looking to do, but what you can do is add both of the views to a single queue (hence, why you created the queue before you started).

To do that, while you are in your first view, select all of the companies in the view and click on “Create Tasks.” While in the task creation window, fill out the data as required. At the bottom of the window is a field called “Queue.” Select the Queue that you want to add these companies to (the queue that you created before starting). Then, repeat this process with the second view.

Now, when you go into your tasks and click into your queue, you will be able to see both sets of data.

0 Upvotes
mgadomik

SOLVE

That works perfectly, many thanks !

0 Upvotes