CRM

designoriginal
Participant

How to filter and save groups of contacts

SOLVE

Hi, I'd like to be able to allocate properties to each contact on hubspot and be able to search/filter by that property and then potentailly print/save/export that specific list, I tried to create a property with a drop down menu but it just reverts back to the standard properties list?

Firstly is this possible? ..and if so am I correct that I will need to go in to each contact individually and create the correct property for them? - with all new contacts being allocated the property when entered onto the system?

I am currently keeping a separate spreadsheet to log who I have contacted for each of my specific 'contact types/properties' eg: PR contacts/Event specific contacts etc

Many thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @designoriginal, thanks for your question! Let me give you a quick overview of the process behind creating custom properties and filtering them.

When you create a new custom property, that property becomes available for all associated contacts/companies/deals. For instance, if you create a custom Contact property called "Favorite color", you would be able to alter each of your contact's value for said Favorite color property.

However, you will only be able to see the Favorite color property in a contact's "About" section if you choose to show the property as a default. This article explains how to select which properties show up in your contacts' "About" section: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-can-i-choose-which-properties-show-o...

If you do not add your newly-created custom properties to the "About" section, you can still find them and add values to them by going into a contact record, selecting "view all properties" on the right hand side, and then searchign for your custom property, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 12.00.24 PM.png

Once you have added values for your custom properties to the appropriate contacts, you can filter contact by these values in your Contacts section. Simply add a filter corresponding to your custom search, i.e. "Favorite Color contains Blue", and save the view.

Let me know if you have any questions on the above, and best of luck!

May

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @Romy this isn't an error that I have come accross before, but I know the first thing to check for any Outlook install error is if your version of Outlook is compatible with HubSpot sales.

Check out this knowledge article for tips on how to do this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-tracking/what-email-clients-are-supported

Let me know if does/does not resolve the issue. 

0 Upvotes
Romy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous, 

No unfortunately that's not the problem (I have Outlook 10). I've been using Hubspot (Sidekick) for quite some time now and have only had this problem since 2 weeks, that's the strange thing :S

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @designoriginal, thanks for your question! Let me give you a quick overview of the process behind creating custom properties and filtering them.

When you create a new custom property, that property becomes available for all associated contacts/companies/deals. For instance, if you create a custom Contact property called "Favorite color", you would be able to alter each of your contact's value for said Favorite color property.

However, you will only be able to see the Favorite color property in a contact's "About" section if you choose to show the property as a default. This article explains how to select which properties show up in your contacts' "About" section: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-can-i-choose-which-properties-show-o...

If you do not add your newly-created custom properties to the "About" section, you can still find them and add values to them by going into a contact record, selecting "view all properties" on the right hand side, and then searchign for your custom property, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 12.00.24 PM.png

Once you have added values for your custom properties to the appropriate contacts, you can filter contact by these values in your Contacts section. Simply add a filter corresponding to your custom search, i.e. "Favorite Color contains Blue", and save the view.

Let me know if you have any questions on the above, and best of luck!

May

designoriginal
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @MayPascaud, thank you so much, I've been looking into the properties since posting this and so you have confimred what I had thought and the link is really useful, if I get stuck again I'll let you know.

Many thanks again.

Clare