How to export a particular pipeline contacts?

Hi guys, how can I export all contacts (containing email addresses) belonging to a particular pipeline. I tried to use filters but there is no such an option. 

Eg. I have a pipeline for partners -> I need to get a full list of partners along with their contact info. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 Reply 1
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible to do straight from HubSpot.  Here's how I'd go about this:

Getting a list of the deals and their associated contacts is easy:

1493668673322screensave.png

From there, as you probably have already found, you won't have those contact's entire contact record.

There's a few ways to work around this, but they all require some level of manual data management. This is probably the easiest:

1. Drop your exported deal list into Excel or Google Sheets.
    • If you have multiple contacts per deal, you're going to need to use "Text to Columns" and "Transpose" to separate each contact onto it's own row.
  2. Download a list of all of your contacts or contacts who's number of associated deals are 1(include all the properties you'd like to see in your final report).  Drop that into a separate worksheet.
  3. Use the "Vertical Lookup" function to compare the two sheets and save the occurrences of your contact database that match names listed in your list of deals.

The other way would be to use the API to make a request for all deals (I believe you can request this by pipeline using the property parameter).  From there, HubSpot will return a list of deals which includes the Contact ID of all associate contacts.  You can then use that list of associated contacts to do a series of API requests to get contact information by Contact ID.  This will return all of their contact information.

If this is something you plan on doing often, I'd recommend doing the latter.  It shouldn't take a developer long at all to whip that up and you could have it run on a schedule.

I know that these answers aren't ideal & there may be an easier solution I'm overlooking, but hopefully this helps!

0 Upvotes