CRM

mab

How to enter multiple deal types per deal and reporting

SOLVE

Hello -

I have a design firm and we often have multiple types of projects within one deal/contract - ie logo design, package design, website design, etc.eal

I'd like to eventually have a report that splits out the number of deals and revenue amount by the type of project - for example, we earned $10k in website design this quarter and $5k in logo design.   I was hoping to do this by using the Deal Type tag since there is an automatic report for that, but you can't select more than one per deal type per deal

Do you know the best way to handle this?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mab

Hmm, that's an interesting one. With the free CRM, there might not be a perfect solution. 

I think you will need to create seperate deals for the different types of project to have seperate totals. You can then use deal type or a custom field to segment deals down by type of project. Reporting on this in the free CRM will be limited though. 

All the options that I can think of to improve this system are in the paid Sales Pro/reporting tools however. For example:

• Reporting on custom deal properties 
  • Adding products (albeit with fixed pricing and discounts)
  • Creating multiple pipelines

Hope this give you some ideas.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
CECA
Participant

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @mab

Hmm, that's an interesting one. With the free CRM, there might not be a perfect solution. 

I think you will need to create seperate deals for the different types of project to have seperate totals. You can then use deal type or a custom field to segment deals down by type of project. Reporting on this in the free CRM will be limited though. 

All the options that I can think of to improve this system are in the paid Sales Pro/reporting tools however. For example:

• Reporting on custom deal properties 
  • Adding products (albeit with fixed pricing and discounts)
  • Creating multiple pipelines

Hope this give you some ideas.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
awot

SOLVE

Just wondering if I can add new deal types on the free version of hubspot or does it need to be paid? Looked all around couldn't find how - thanks!

0 Upvotes
CECA
Participant

SOLVE
We use Quickbooks to do exactly this
0 Upvotes
mab

SOLVE

Thank you so much for your response! I figured this was the case. 

0 Upvotes