CRM

Dilbag

How to delete collected form fields

SOLVE

Hello,

How can we delete non-HubSpot form properties?

We created a contact form on WordPress to collect important information. We linked the form with HubSpot, however, HubSpot was not collecting the correct information and creating duplicate fields. Now we have many fields, how can we delete all of the collected form fields?

Thanks,

Dilbag

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Dilbag  As it turns out, outside of first and last name and email address, Collected Forms will create new properties under a Collected Forms property group for all properties on the form, regardless of if there is matching property already created in HubSpot. At this time, even if you could delete the properties, they would be recreated on the next form submission. 

Hope this helps.

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Dilbag  As it turns out, outside of first and last name and email address, Collected Forms will create new properties under a Collected Forms property group for all properties on the form, regardless of if there is matching property already created in HubSpot. At this time, even if you could delete the properties, they would be recreated on the next form submission. 

Hope this helps.

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
WhoOrderedRice
Contributor

SOLVE

We have recently changed our forms on HubSpot.

And where we have done a bit of testing, I now have a variety of 'Collected Form Fields' that are no longer relevant and have 0 entrees.  

Can HubSpot please make these deletable, as its frustratingly untidy and I may develop OCD. 

TA Very Much

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @WhoOrderedRice and @Dilbag  I aplogize if I was unclear above. Collected Forms properties can not be deleted at this time. 

Ed 

0 Upvotes
SeektheKingdom1
Participant

SOLVE
Thanks for fixing this!
WhoOrderedRice
Contributor

SOLVE

😄 If I could UPVOTE more than once I would!

Fingers crossed this is something Hubspot are working on! I've noticed 'grey'd' out Delete buttons on these sections. So I have high hopes they will make it clickable ASAP.

WhoOrderedRice
Contributor

SOLVE

Yeah, I guessed as much, this is, therefore, a suggestion! ;D 

0 Upvotes
Dilbag

SOLVE

Thank you for the reply @edjusten,

We have disabled the forms and would like to delete the created properties. 

Thanks,

Dilbag