CRM

Zaridan
Participant

How to create repeated check-in tasks based on book of business segment

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to automate the creation of tasks for our CSMs for checking in with their book of business.

For example, our Enterprise CSM has a book of 75 clients, and we'd like her to check in with each company within every 60 days.

Our MM CSM has a book of 150 clients, and we'd like her to check in with each company within every 90 days.

Is there a way to automate the creation of Check-in Tasks? If so, I cannot seem to work out the way, and would appreciate any guidance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Zaridan,

Sure, there are a few ways to approach this:

• Working with repeating tasks: It's manual but you could, under Menu > Sales > Tasks create tasks and set them to repeat in the desired intervals. Unfortunately, these cannot be created by workflow.
    karstenkoehler_1-1676062700956.png
  • If you have Operations Hub Professional, you can set up recurring scheduled workflows. Since we are limited to a monthly and annually interval, it'd be easiest to set up an annually recurring workflow and then add actions for multiple check ins: Create task, delay for 60 days, Create task, delay for 60 days... for a total of 6 rounds. After 6 rounds, one year is over and the workflow will be scheduled again. The benefit here is that this works across contacts, companies, deals equally. If you want to check in on accounts, you're probably looking at company or deal.
    karstenkoehler_0-1676062679590.png

• Without Operations Hub Professional, recurring workflows are only supported on the contact object. Here you can create a workflow that revolves around a Contact date property. This date property could contain an annual renewal date and again, you would create tasks, delay, create task until a year is over.

karstenkoehler_3-1676062899309.png

For option 2 and 3, you could also create a custom dropdown property in which you store the desired interval, with values 60 days, 90 days, 120 days. In the workflows described above, you could branch on this property. Branch 1 create task, waits 60 days etc and wraps up the year after 6 rounds. Branch two creates task, waits 90 days etc and wraps up the year after 4 rounds.

Let me know if you I should go into more detail and if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Zaridan
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the input, Karsten. I appreciate it.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Zaridan,

Sure, there are a few ways to approach this:

• Working with repeating tasks: It's manual but you could, under Menu > Sales > Tasks create tasks and set them to repeat in the desired intervals. Unfortunately, these cannot be created by workflow.
    karstenkoehler_1-1676062700956.png
  • If you have Operations Hub Professional, you can set up recurring scheduled workflows. Since we are limited to a monthly and annually interval, it'd be easiest to set up an annually recurring workflow and then add actions for multiple check ins: Create task, delay for 60 days, Create task, delay for 60 days... for a total of 6 rounds. After 6 rounds, one year is over and the workflow will be scheduled again. The benefit here is that this works across contacts, companies, deals equally. If you want to check in on accounts, you're probably looking at company or deal.
    karstenkoehler_0-1676062679590.png

• Without Operations Hub Professional, recurring workflows are only supported on the contact object. Here you can create a workflow that revolves around a Contact date property. This date property could contain an annual renewal date and again, you would create tasks, delay, create task until a year is over.

karstenkoehler_3-1676062899309.png

For option 2 and 3, you could also create a custom dropdown property in which you store the desired interval, with values 60 days, 90 days, 120 days. In the workflows described above, you could branch on this property. Branch 1 create task, waits 60 days etc and wraps up the year after 6 rounds. Branch two creates task, waits 90 days etc and wraps up the year after 4 rounds.

Let me know if you I should go into more detail and if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.