CRM

A_Clarke

How to create contacts with multiple 'categories'

SOLVE

Hello, 

I work for a small charity. Sales is something not familar/natural to us, but we are using Hubspot for its CRM.

Would someone be able to clarifty how a contact could be listed in the CRM as multiple (what I would usually call) categories? For example, a contact is both a person we would want listed as someone related to Cycling and also a Volunteer. I see multiple Categories cannot be added to a contact. Would I use Groups?

Many thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @A_Clarke, a good question.

Creating a custom property like a multiple option drop down (as suggeted by @rikkilear) is the best way to go. Here is a article that walks you thru setting up a custom property.

As a secondary option you could try HubTags - a chrome extension that makes tagging/filtering contacts more visual. Image below:

Tag contacts.png

Guy Taylor | linkedhub.io

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @A_Clarke, a good question.

Creating a custom property like a multiple option drop down (as suggeted by @rikkilear) is the best way to go. Here is a article that walks you thru setting up a custom property.

As a secondary option you could try HubTags - a chrome extension that makes tagging/filtering contacts more visual. Image below:

Tag contacts.png

Guy Taylor | linkedhub.io

A_Clarke

SOLVE

@rikkilear Thank you both!

0 Upvotes
rikkilear
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Could you use a custom field and allow mutli-section options?

What would you do with the information? That would help me answer the above for you.

----------------------

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Full HubSpot agency: https://www.digital22.com/

Free HubSpot Training: https://www.digital22.com/free-2021-training