How to create contact list from company list?

SOLVE
New Contributor

Hi everybody, I'm trying to create a contact list from a company list I prepared outside from HubSpot and imported it.

What I have now is a saved filter for Companies but can't find where to get the contacts associated with those companies in order to create a new static list.

Thks,

Alan

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @Alan_Mai 

In the CRM using filters/views, you unfortunatly cant create a list of contact based on a list of companies, as the reports don't look across multiple objects like that. 

If you have the Marketing Hub and the lists tool, you can create a list of contacts based on company propoerties, but membership in your list of companies is not a company prroperty. 

The way to get around this is to use your list either to create and update a company property that signals inclusion and use this to create your contact list, or upload that information to the contacts directly. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Solution
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @Alan_Mai 

In the CRM using filters/views, you unfortunatly cant create a list of contact based on a list of companies, as the reports don't look across multiple objects like that. 

If you have the Marketing Hub and the lists tool, you can create a list of contacts based on company propoerties, but membership in your list of companies is not a company prroperty. 

The way to get around this is to use your list either to create and update a company property that signals inclusion and use this to create your contact list, or upload that information to the contacts directly. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

Occasional Contributor

"you can create a list of contacts based on company propoerties"

Hello, Ididn't find how to create a list including a company porperty as a filter..

It only allows me to use "contact properties" in the list screen.

What did I missed?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

When you go to lists and press on Create list, you are given endless possibilities regarding properties of every object HubSpot handles (i.e.: deals, contacts and companies). 

Are you trying to creating that list through that button?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Mmm yep. Here is the screenshot (in french sorry). In the left column, the "filter type" are :

• contact properties
  • marketing emails
  • events
  • forms submissions
  • imports

2019-07-03_180520.png