How to create and clone a deal?

New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I just started being a hubspot customer and had questions regarding deal workflow.

A deal in our company is as follows: There are 3 products that go into the deal and each have their unit price (I have set them products accordingly). A client signs a 6 or 12 months contract with us. Each month they tell us their demand, which determines how many units of the individual products go into the deal for that month. The number of units will vary from month to month.

While I know how to create a deal, would anyone have suggestions on how to represent nicely in Hubspot workflow? As of now, I have decided to create a separate deal for each month.

This brings me to second question: I couldn't see a way of cloning an existing deal. Can someone point me to it?

Thanks for your help in advance

Saumitra

3 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @saumitra,

1. Deal workflows

-What are you looking to accomplish through the workflow? Are you looking for the quantity to be updated? If you could share screenshots of what you have so far, that might be a good starting point. 

2. Clone deals

-Currently it is not possible to clone deals. If you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea on the ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
New Contributor

Here is an example of a typical contract. The client (lets say "School X") has signed a 6 months contract with us. Each month we will ensure that School X has 3 things - a certain number of Invited Candidates, a certain number of Scheduled Candidates and a certain number of Attended Candidates. I have created these 3 as individual products each with a unit price. The unit price has been agreed between my company and School X for the 6 months contract. 

However, the quantity delivered varies from month to month. So School X might say, in December we want the quantities to be 50,30, 25 for the 3 products. In January, they might want the quantity to be 100,75, 25. And so on.

So I have current represented the contract into 6 deals (each month of the contract being a deal) and then updating the quantities for the month (attached screenshot). 

Is there a better way to do this?

Screenshot 2018-11-21 at 17.25.07.png

Saumitra

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Please upvote a different post here so that there will be a critical mass of upvotes: Cloning a Deal post. Many people want this capability.  Our sales people are nuts about not having it.  Even our poor CRM, Zoho, did.