CRM

HDang9
Participant

How to create a workflow for an active contact list

SOLVE

I have several active contact lists based on specific filter conditions. I want to create workflows that apply to customers in those lists. However, I don't know where to choose a list to apply to the workflow apart from turning it on & enroll the list manually. It's quite hard to understand if it works well or if a new contact added automatically to the list can be automatically enrolled in the workflow.

Please help me!!!

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HDang9,

To enroll contacts from a list, you would choose this option:

karstenkoehler_0-1673240257708.png

If you choose an active list, contacts that enter the list after the workflow is turned on will also enter the workflow.

If you want contacts to re-enroll if the leave and re-enter the list, click into the tab re-enrollment (see screenshot above) and click the checkbox for the list.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HDang9,

In that case, I'd recommend creating a static copy of or convert the active list and use the static list for enrollment of your workflow. In your active list, you should see this option:

karstenkoehler_0-1673241295711.png

With this, you can convert your list into a statis list. If you want to keep the active list, you'd have to create a new static list and filter for contacts that are a member of the active list.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HDang9,

Happy to help 🙂 You can find different ways of adding contacts to a static list here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/add-or-remove-contacts-from-a-list#add-or-remove-records-from-a-...

The easiest way however, if you have an active list already, is by creating a static list and adding a filter to that list for an active list:

karstenkoehler_0-1673251210289.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

7 Replies 7
LGish
Participant

SOLVE

Is there a way i can create a workflow that will send an email sequence when a contact is added to an active list?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HDang9,

To enroll contacts from a list, you would choose this option:

karstenkoehler_0-1673240257708.png

If you choose an active list, contacts that enter the list after the workflow is turned on will also enter the workflow.

If you want contacts to re-enroll if the leave and re-enter the list, click into the tab re-enrollment (see screenshot above) and click the checkbox for the list.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Alondra_Esca
Participant

SOLVE

what happend if something is similar with another workflow?, will be enroll in both or any of them and have to add it manually?

0 Upvotes
HDang9
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Yesssssss! Thanks a lot, it helps ❤️
However, what if we select an active list for the workflow but just want the action performed once no matter if the list has new contacts. How can it happen?

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HDang9,

In that case, I'd recommend creating a static copy of or convert the active list and use the static list for enrollment of your workflow. In your active list, you should see this option:

karstenkoehler_0-1673241295711.png

With this, you can convert your list into a statis list. If you want to keep the active list, you'd have to create a new static list and filter for contacts that are a member of the active list.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

HDang9
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

That helps me a lot. Many thanksssss!
But I wonder how can I create a static contact list just by adding contact manually without importing or using filter? 🙏

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HDang9,

Happy to help 🙂 You can find different ways of adding contacts to a static list here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/add-or-remove-contacts-from-a-list#add-or-remove-records-from-a-...

The easiest way however, if you have an active list already, is by creating a static list and adding a filter to that list for an active list:

karstenkoehler_0-1673251210289.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler