How to create a sub property of a contact-level property

SOLVE
WTee
Participant

I'm working on a lead qualification process and within that looking to create a list of Radio select labels for a certain contact property (simple to do by editing the properties in settings), however I would also like to have an additional prompt/property that the user must fill in when selecting specific labels.

E.g. if the user selects option 2, they must fill in a specific prompt, if they select option 5, they must fill in a different prompt.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this, or if not a suitable workaround?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer

Hi @WTee,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at this stage. HubSpot doesn't have any features for this kind of dependency/hierarchy.

The best workaround that I've found is to use very descriptive values, e.g.

Property 1

- "Value 1"

- "Value 2 (please specify in Property 2)"

- "Value 3"

- "Value 4"

- "Value 5 (please specify in Property 3)"

Property 2

Property 3

Far from ideal because the dependent fields cannot be made required – since they don't apply to all values in property 1 –, but better than nothing.

Another option would be to include all options in one level of hierarchy, again not ideal, since it doesn't work well in reports, but I wanted to share this option as well.

"Value 1"

"Value 2 – Sub-value 1"

"Value 2 – Sub-value 2"

"Value 3"

If you feel strongly about this being a feature, you can request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. It's being monitored by the product team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer

Hi @WTee,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at this stage. HubSpot doesn't have any features for this kind of dependency/hierarchy.

The best workaround that I've found is to use very descriptive values, e.g.

Property 1

- "Value 1"

- "Value 2 (please specify in Property 2)"

- "Value 3"

- "Value 4"

- "Value 5 (please specify in Property 3)"

Property 2

Property 3

Far from ideal because the dependent fields cannot be made required – since they don't apply to all values in property 1 –, but better than nothing.

Another option would be to include all options in one level of hierarchy, again not ideal, since it doesn't work well in reports, but I wanted to share this option as well.

"Value 1"

"Value 2 – Sub-value 1"

"Value 2 – Sub-value 2"

"Value 3"

If you feel strongly about this being a feature, you can request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. It's being monitored by the product team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

WTee
Participant

Thank you for your post @karstenkoehler ! I was actually considering these workarounds as an alternative but hopefully there will be a fully launched solution for this kind of matter soon!

Thanks again,

Will