CRM

WTee
Participant

How to create a sub property of a contact-level property

SOLVE

I'm working on a lead qualification process and within that looking to create a list of Radio select labels for a certain contact property (simple to do by editing the properties in settings), however I would also like to have an additional prompt/property that the user must fill in when selecting specific labels.

E.g. if the user selects option 2, they must fill in a specific prompt, if they select option 5, they must fill in a different prompt.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this, or if not a suitable workaround?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WTee,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at this stage. HubSpot doesn't have any features for this kind of dependency/hierarchy.

The best workaround that I've found is to use very descriptive values, e.g.

Property 1

- "Value 1"

- "Value 2 (please specify in Property 2)"

- "Value 3"

- "Value 4"

- "Value 5 (please specify in Property 3)"

Property 2

Property 3

Far from ideal because the dependent fields cannot be made required – since they don't apply to all values in property 1 –, but better than nothing.

Another option would be to include all options in one level of hierarchy, again not ideal, since it doesn't work well in reports, but I wanted to share this option as well.

"Value 1"

"Value 2 – Sub-value 1"

"Value 2 – Sub-value 2"

"Value 3"

If you feel strongly about this being a feature, you can request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. It's being monitored by the product team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for your feedback @JEpner4,

I’ve noticed a similar idea already present in our Ideas Forum: Create property sub-levels in a hierarchy. To contribute, you can upvote the existing idea and share more details about your specific use case in the comments.

Thank you.

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
WTee
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your post @karstenkoehler ! I was actually considering these workarounds as an alternative but hopefully there will be a fully launched solution for this kind of matter soon!

Thanks again,

Will

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WTee,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at this stage. HubSpot doesn't have any features for this kind of dependency/hierarchy.

The best workaround that I've found is to use very descriptive values, e.g.

Property 1

- "Value 1"

- "Value 2 (please specify in Property 2)"

- "Value 3"

- "Value 4"

- "Value 5 (please specify in Property 3)"

Property 2

Property 3

Far from ideal because the dependent fields cannot be made required – since they don't apply to all values in property 1 –, but better than nothing.

Another option would be to include all options in one level of hierarchy, again not ideal, since it doesn't work well in reports, but I wanted to share this option as well.

"Value 1"

"Value 2 – Sub-value 1"

"Value 2 – Sub-value 2"

"Value 3"

If you feel strongly about this being a feature, you can request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. It's being monitored by the product team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SWeller2

SOLVE

Since it's been a year since this response, has there been any change in sub-properties?  I'd love to have the option to do this as I manage my clients and would consider an upgrade if it was included.

thanks!

JEpner4
Participant

SOLVE

Another year and a half, still could really use this functionality.

0 Upvotes
wpriddick

SOLVE

@JEpner4 there is now Conditional Logic for properties - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/properties/set-up-conditional-options-for-properties 

Does that help your issue?