CRM

Jordy_Beyond
Participant

How to create a list that only shows one contact per company (the first contact created)

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

To dig into my list of leads, I want to be able to create a contact list that only shows me one lead (the one that was created first) per company that is in my CRM.

At a later stage I want to play with filters to only show the earliest contact created per deal and deal won.

Can anyone send me into the right direction for setting this up?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

How to create a list that only shows one contact per company (the first contact created)

SOLVE

Hi @Jordy_Beyond,

The workarounds I can think of are the four I outlined in my previous reply.

You can of course create and use new fields, but if you want an automatic solution, you'll have to look into custom code or leverage third-party automation. There isn't any native feature for this.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Jordy_Beyond
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the reply.

I have created a workflow that fills a "first lead" property of -only- the first contact within a company that has a lead score above X points.

When this property is filled, it also make a copy of this date onto the associated company's property. This way my workflow can check if the company property is still unknown before filling the contact property, making sure only the first lead of the associated company receives this unique property.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jordy_Beyond,

Out of the box, this is unfortunately not possible within HubSpot. There are however different approach how this can be achieved:

• Manually mark the oldest contact with a custom property.
  • Export of your contacts, working in Excel to flag the earliest created contact, re-import contacts with a flag in a custom property, build list based on property.
  • For an automated solution, within Operations Hub Professional you can write a custom code action (with the help of a developer) to identify the oldest contact and flag it accordingly.
  • Potentially, this can also be achieved with an integration with Zapier.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jordy_Beyond
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the shift reply Karsten. 

Is there any workaround available?

My first idea was to create an additional contact lifecycle which I use only to automatically fill a property that can be used to mark the first contact that is created within or associated with a company

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jordy_Beyond,

The workarounds I can think of are the four I outlined in my previous reply.

You can of course create and use new fields, but if you want an automatic solution, you'll have to look into custom code or leverage third-party automation. There isn't any native feature for this.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler