How to create a 'Today's date' date property.

OliviaB
HubSpot Employee

I recently discovered this smart way to create and maintain a 'Today's date' property using workflows. This can then be used in reporting, workflows and lists. 

To do this you can follow these steps: 
1) Create a custom date field property
2020-11-30 16_06_15-Property settings.png

2020-11-30 16_05_51-Property settings.png

2) Create a contact-based workflow with the enrollment triggers 'Today's date is known' OR 'Today's date in unknown'. 
3) Turn on re-enrollment for 'Today's date is known'. 
4) Add an if/then branch action with the trigger 'Today's date is known'. 
5) After the NO branch add the action 'set property value' and then set 'Today's date' to the 'date of step'. 
6) After the YES branch add the the action 'set property value' and then set 'Today's date' to the 'date of step'. 
7) The last steps after the YES branch will be a delay. To do this you will chose 'delay until a day or time' and then choose 00:15 or any other time after midnight. 

2020-11-30 16_19_56-Unnamed workflow - Mon Nov 30 2020 16_09_04 GMT+0800 _ HubSpot.png

This workflow will then work in the backround to always make sure each contact has today's date saved as the value on their record. The same can be repeated for company and deal properties. 

CRM
32 Replies 32
MW96
Participant

Does anbody has experiences to what number of records this workaround can be supposed to be more or less reliable?

Thanks for sharing this!

0 Upvotes
JOpie
Contributor

Hi -

What I posted elsewhere (similar to this at https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/How-to-create-a-Today-s-date-date-property/m-p/501703#) runs on 40k+ records. Works fine. There is a lag due to the way it's set up, but it's close enough for our purposes...

Best, John

Ruben_tB
Participant | Diamond Partner

HubSpot, please add today's date as a standard date property in HubSpot.

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.