How to count the number of fields with a certain value

lösung

I have custom properties:

Package 1 name

Package 1 status

Package 2 name

Package 2 status

etc.

The Package # name fields are a single line text box. 
The Package # status fields are a drop-down multi-choice box.

I then created a number property field called "Live Packages." 

I want Live Packages to count the number of status fields which = Confirmed Live.

-------------------------------------------------

I started to do a workflow but this will be massive because the # of if-then statements are astronomical if I have even 10 of the status fields. I started to create it thusly:

If package 1 status = confirmed live, then set live packages to 1. Else set to 0.

Then I would have to do the following for both the 1 (True) and 0 (false) branches:

if package 2 status = confirmed live increase live packages by 1.

Then that would have two MORE if/then branches off of each of the original 2 so now I would have to enter FOUR of the same logic for 3. Then expands exponentially.

There has to be a better way.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @MrBenJen,

Unfortunately, there currently isn't. It's currently not possible to let HubSpot check how many times a value occurs in properties that follow a certain naming convention, e.g. "For each occurrence of a value 1 in properties with names containing 'Package Status', increase custom property by 1". Any workaround always includes manually listing all properties that you want to cover.

The only alternative to a workflow would be a custom score property, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-score-properties-to-qualify-leads It's slightly easier to set up and maintain. You'd create a custom score property Live packages, that grants 1 point for each "1" value in on of your package status properties.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @MrBenJen,

Unfortunately, there currently isn't. It's currently not possible to let HubSpot check how many times a value occurs in properties that follow a certain naming convention, e.g. "For each occurrence of a value 1 in properties with names containing 'Package Status', increase custom property by 1". Any workaround always includes manually listing all properties that you want to cover.

The only alternative to a workflow would be a custom score property, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-score-properties-to-qualify-leads It's slightly easier to set up and maintain. You'd create a custom score property Live packages, that grants 1 point for each "1" value in on of your package status properties.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.