How to connect tasks/call log to contacts?

hwk
New Contributor

Dear HubSpot Community,

I used Excel as CRM and now uploaded my contacts, including a column which included the Call Log (includes tasks/next steps). How can I convert that Call Log into "Tasks" in HubSpot and link them to the individual contact?

I would appreciate any insight/help!

Thanks,

Wolfgang

6 Replies 6
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @hwk,

I'm not sure if anything has changed regarding this topic in the past year, but check out this thread.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
hwk
New Contributor

Thank you, Josh!

Have a great weekend,

Wolfgang

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

@hwk

HubSpot doesn't currently support import of tasks (or any engagements in the timeline), so you're best bet is to use a 3rd party tool.

You can check out Import2 Wizard, which is a certified connect app for HubSpot, and allows you to import CSV's of any record type into HubSpot, including engagements. 

The steps are pretty quick and painless:

1. Upload your CSV file
  2. Map the fields you want on the task itself (i.e. body/description of the task, timestamp, reminders, assignee) and the links to the record(s) you want to associate the task to (i.e. contact, company, deal). You can use contact email for example to find the existing contact in HubSpot to link it to (you don't have to use email, you can use any field on the contact, even custom ones)
  3. Start the import

If you need any help along the way, there's live chat support while you're doing the import. 

I included a short animation below which shows the process. 

Hope it helps!

Ashley

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-3.gif

hwk
New Contributor

Thanks, Ashley!

Have a great weekend,

Wolfgang

0 Upvotes
hwk
New Contributor

Hi Ashley,

I checked https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm/new but that tool doesn't seem to address the issue. I do have an Excel sheet as basis to upload into HubSpot, not a CRM tool to download data from. It appears that Import2 seeks a CRM tool to import the data from a CRM tool only.

Any other thoughts and/or ideas?

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@hwk

Hi Wolfgang,

Looks like you might have snagged that link from the post that Josh linked to. Try checking out the link I sent over for Import2 Wizard (http://wizard.import2.com) as this is the self-service tool that you can use CSV files and the steps mentioned earlier. 

Let me know though if you have any other questions!

Ashley

0 Upvotes