CRM

methnen

How to check if a form has been submitted already by a visitor via the API or some other method

I'm trying to check via the API if a form has already been submitted by a visitor.

I see the UTK value in the cookies and see that I can retrieve a VID value from the API using that. 

I've also got the Hubspot Form ID value.

It seems like with those two values I should be able to check if the visitor has already filled out a given form but I'm having a bit of a trouble. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

How to check if a form has been submitted already by a visitor via the API or some other method

Hi @methnen ,

Check out this idea here. Forms API endpoint was introduced to get the submission form. 
You can always filter out the contacts or create the lists for form submission though:
Filter: 

webdew_0-1642135663894.png

Lists:

webdew_1-1642135741558.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regard.

methnen

@webdew Actually looks like all I need is the initial query for the contact using their token. The data returned appears to include any form submissions they've made which is easy enough to check against by looping through them. Thanks for the reply.