CRM

mathieueueu

How to check for duplicates deals ?

SOLVE

Hello,

We had some kind of problems with a workflow made on Zapier, and we saw that some deals were duplicates.

How can I check if there are any more ? There isn't the duplicate tools like in the contacts and companies tabs.

Thank you

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mathieueueu,

I'm not aware of any native feature to achieve this. However, there is a workaround that I'd suggest. If the change was made by Zapier in a certain timeframe (which it sounds like), you should be able to filter these duplicate deals by Create date.

Depending on how these deals were created/duplicate, they also might not have a Last activity date, so that's also something that you could filter for.

Lastly, Zapier might show up as a value in the Original source data 1, Original source data 2 or Original source fields, also making for easy filtering and deleting. To check, just find a deal, click View all properties in the left sidebar, search for "Original source" and check if Zapier shows up.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JCeballos
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

If you want to duplicate deals, I think the better option is use a tool, I suggest this that allows to automate deal duplication based on pipeline stage rules: https://www.instrumental.net/en/deal-duplicator-for-hubspot 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mathieueueu,

I'm not aware of any native feature to achieve this. However, there is a workaround that I'd suggest. If the change was made by Zapier in a certain timeframe (which it sounds like), you should be able to filter these duplicate deals by Create date.

Depending on how these deals were created/duplicate, they also might not have a Last activity date, so that's also something that you could filter for.

Lastly, Zapier might show up as a value in the Original source data 1, Original source data 2 or Original source fields, also making for easy filtering and deleting. To check, just find a deal, click View all properties in the left sidebar, search for "Original source" and check if Zapier shows up.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mathieueueu

SOLVE

Hey @karstenkoehler 

Thank you for your response.

Sadly, the workflow on Zapier was not made by me and it has been running for a while. 

I have no idea why, but none of the deals have a Last activity date propriety. It's all empty.

I went on and looked for Zapier as a source, but everything seems fine, no duplicates.

To be honest, I think there was only one duplicate because one of our customer has 3 different subscriptions on the same Stripe account and the old workflow was based on the charges. Looking at the workflow run, he got charged for 2 subscriptions at the same time and something bad happened there.

Anyway, we will see in the future if there is any duplicate because as of right now I don't think we can do anything.

Thank you for your help !

Mathieu

0 Upvotes