CRM

mseibert
Colaborador(a)

How to change a custom property easily?

resolver

We have created a workflow around sending our intranet book (German page / English page still in beta) to prospects and customers for free. After one book has shipped, we want to send reminder emails about a review and stay in touch with the customers.

To stop the process we want to mark in a custom property field ("has given a review") with yes.

My question is now, if I can allow the customer to click a link in the email, to set this custom field with a value like this:

I have given a book review. / I do not plan to give a book review

Does HubSpot provide such a feature?

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @mseibert,

You would create a second workflow that enrolls contacts when they click the first of the two links ("I have given a book review"). A workflow could look like this (only that you would specify the link and choose your own custom property.)

karstenkoehler_0-1618463175893.png

This link in your email would have to link to a page, HubSpot can't record this as a click without destination. (I'd recommend a short, simple "Thank you for your review" landing page.) For the negative option, you would create another page. (You wouldn't necessarily have to create a workflow branch for that. An empty field for your custom property would give away that no review has been written yet.)

If you want to use the same confirmation page for both links ("I have given a book review." / "I do not plan to give a book review."), then the solution described above wouldn't work, since HubSpot can't tell apart the two choices by link. It's the same link after all. In that case, you'd have to create CTAs in the CTA tool (Marketing > Lead Capture > CTAs) and use these two CTAs in your email. Even with the same link, HubSpot can tell apart multiple CTAs. In your workflow, you'd then enroll contacts not by interaction with a link in your email but by interaction with the CTA, see the last option here:

karstenkoehler_1-1618463448533.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @mseibert,

You would create a second workflow that enrolls contacts when they click the first of the two links ("I have given a book review"). A workflow could look like this (only that you would specify the link and choose your own custom property.)

karstenkoehler_0-1618463175893.png

This link in your email would have to link to a page, HubSpot can't record this as a click without destination. (I'd recommend a short, simple "Thank you for your review" landing page.) For the negative option, you would create another page. (You wouldn't necessarily have to create a workflow branch for that. An empty field for your custom property would give away that no review has been written yet.)

If you want to use the same confirmation page for both links ("I have given a book review." / "I do not plan to give a book review."), then the solution described above wouldn't work, since HubSpot can't tell apart the two choices by link. It's the same link after all. In that case, you'd have to create CTAs in the CTA tool (Marketing > Lead Capture > CTAs) and use these two CTAs in your email. Even with the same link, HubSpot can tell apart multiple CTAs. In your workflow, you'd then enroll contacts not by interaction with a link in your email but by interaction with the CTA, see the last option here:

karstenkoehler_1-1618463448533.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mseibert
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Bam!