CRM

ABuckley

How to capitalise the first letter of all first names?

SOLVE

Is there any fast way to ensure everybody with a first name in HubSpot database starts with a capital letter? Seems like something that should be simple without crawling 1000's of records? 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ABuckley,

This is not possible in the free CRM, unfortunately. Data quality automation (such as formatting names) is a Operations Hub Professional or Enterprise feature: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/format-your-data-with-workflows

For a manual workaround, the quickest solution would be exporting your contact records, cleaning up the spreadsheet and reimporting it. (HubSpot will update contacts based on their email address.)

For an automated solution, you could use HubSpot's integration with Zapier, for example via Google Sheets, to automatically capitalise names.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CHawkins
Top Contributor

SOLVE

This is also possible using the Insycle integration 

Casey Hawkins
HubSpot Freelancer | Digital Marketing Consultant

Found my solution helpful? Mark it as accepted

Schedule Time With Me

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CHawkins,

Thank you for sharing this integration with the Community! 🙂 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ABuckley,

This is not possible in the free CRM, unfortunately. Data quality automation (such as formatting names) is a Operations Hub Professional or Enterprise feature: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/format-your-data-with-workflows

For a manual workaround, the quickest solution would be exporting your contact records, cleaning up the spreadsheet and reimporting it. (HubSpot will update contacts based on their email address.)

For an automated solution, you could use HubSpot's integration with Zapier, for example via Google Sheets, to automatically capitalise names.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.