How to both deal with CRM and PRM?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

My company is engaged in two types of selling:

1. Direct

2. Indirect

For 2, this includes  property agents, agencies, brokers, lawyers, etc. They are to be considered partners. They, themselves, do not bring cash to the company; however, they bring potential buyers to the company. They are an essential part of the business, need marketing towards, onboarding, training, nurturing, communication, pipelines, deals, and so on. However, they are not leads in the sense of brining money directly. They will bring a customer, which also needs to be nurtured, and so on. They are mainly associated with companies for the large part (over 90%).

For 1, these are people that are looking to invest in property. They are mostly indpendent from a company, even though there might be a case that they are employees of an investment fund - and, therefore, a company. They need to be associated with 2, i.e. the contact and company that brought them in, in case they were not brought in directly from my own company; meaning they also need to be associated with deals pipelines involving the intermediating contacts, and so on. THESE are the real leads which might purchase.

I have yet to find a way to implement a proper solution that will distinguish between these two types of contacts and not mess about the analytics.

The closest scenario I can think of is a PRM-CRM combination; a reseller management solution; a partner solution; a multiple sales channel solution. In my industry, they are simply property/immigration agents and agencies (mostly) that belong to other companies and market/sell the properties I develop.

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

HI @DrAS,

Thanks for bringing this to the Community! I think you raise a very good question about how to keep your portal organized and manageable. To ensure no one repeats themselves, I am curious what you have tried in the past in regards to organizing this data, and keeping it separate/clean. 

Once we have that information, the Community can assist. 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I had a dedicated CRM that accounted for these seperate cases. So Contacts were broken down into Customers and Agencies, and you could make them so by linking them, so the system knew the difference. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks @DrAS,

@Phil_Vallender do you have any tips or tricks here to help @DrAS

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes