CRM

LReyes2
Participant

How to automate a Contact List to automatically assign contacts as non-marketing

SOLVE

I created an active contact list and filtered based on a form that is specific to career opportunities; however, I want this list to automatically assign these contacts as non-marketing contacts.  Is there a way to do this?  As of now, I'm having to do it manually.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

How to automate a Contact List to automatically assign contacts as non-marketing

SOLVE

Hi @LReyes2,

That's simply how HubSpot decided to make these tools work. Active lists are scanning your CRM for contacts that match certain filters. Manually adding a contact could be considered a conflict with that filter logic. You can however add contacts to a static list and include that static list in an active list by adding the operator "OR" and selecting "List membership is any of [your static list]".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
LReyes2
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten for providing a work around solution! 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LReyes2,

That's simply how HubSpot decided to make these tools work. Active lists are scanning your CRM for contacts that match certain filters. Manually adding a contact could be considered a conflict with that filter logic. You can however add contacts to a static list and include that static list in an active list by adding the operator "OR" and selecting "List membership is any of [your static list]".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LReyes2
Participant

SOLVE

I have another question regarding contact lists...when adding an individual from contacts to a list, why does it only allows you to add to static lists and not active lists? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LReyes2,

It looks like you're using a Starter subscription of HubSpot. In Starter, this process is unfortunately manual. The fastest way to set contacts as non-marketing is by bulk editing.

Automatic options are available in Professional and Enterprise portals, leveraging workflows. This is what a workflow could look like:

karstenkoehler_1-1627010538299.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

LReyes2
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten for your feedback!  And as you recommended updating them in batch is how I'm doing it now, it's just a manual process...however, good to know there is an automation workflow process available.

0 Upvotes