CRM

TT
Teilnehmer/-in

How to attach email to a deal?

lösung

Hello,

We're trying to import email conversations to a deal that was just created.

Is there a BCC address that I can send the email conversations to, and assign them to deals?

Most of our conversations are emails so this feature is very important for us.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance,

Keane

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Josh
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @TT,

Be sure that there is a contact associated with the deal. After that, you can forward emails related to that deal (which include the associated contact) to your HubSpot forward address. 

Your forwarding address should be: YOURHUBID@forward.hubspot.com.

For ongoing communications related to the deal, you can log those emails as normal either through the email client integration or using the BCC address, which is : YOURHUBID@bcc.hubspot.com.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

37 Antworten
perspicacity
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

lösung

Another thing that would be super helpful: when you associate a contact to a new deal, have the option to bring along the past correspondence that's already been logged with that contact.

HSteindl
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Being new to Hubspot I am super surprised that this is not included in Hubspot. As reported multiple times, pretty much ever other CRM has this very basic functionality.

MThomson
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This needs to be fixed. In the CRM called Maximizer you create an "Opportunity" (which is deal in Hubspot) and then link your emails to that "Opportunity" that way if you have multiple opportunities to the 1 contact it doesn't matter as the emails are linked to the "opportunity" so you can easily look back at a "Won" or "Lost" "opportunity" to see where you can either enhance or keep the same to increase "Wins". Rather than have a whole bunch of emails you have to filter through under a contact/Company

mkranitz
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Here here - an email address for every deal would be ideal. I too would appreciate the ability to copy a specific email address for certain correspondence associated with a deal, regardless who the communication is with.

Please have this done by EOD today. Thank you! 😜

TDukes
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I just started using Hubspot this week (coming from SuperOffice in my previous job), and I almost can´t believe that this feature is not available. It should be a no brainer in any modern CRM system to choose between multiple deals when logging an Outlook email (in- or outgoing) to contact/customer. 

I really hope the Hubspot dev team will look into this. It can´t be that hard to fix 🙂 

ElectroScan
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

We really need this feature! Our whole team uses outlook ... 

DigitalMatt
Mitglied

lösung

I also agree, having the option of tracking emails by deal instead of contact is a much better solution for my needs.  I work with the same customers and contacts all of the time and the deals get cluttered or are missing emails that occured before the deal was created.

ee
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Not sure if this helps because it is an extra step, but you can go into the contact's activity feed and hover over the email, then a pop-up shows that lets you associate it with the deal (and disassociate it with the contact if you want). 

Ella1
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi!

Yes, helps in a way, but it´s way too much double dipping than necessary. We´re sending probably 100s of emails to HubSpot every week and it would take too much time to go in an disassociate that specific email to that contact.

The only way to solve the problem, in my mind, would be for HubSpot to develop an office extension which would bring up any deal the contact I am sending an email to, and then for me to select the deal I want to associate the email to.

Thanks.

davehillclimber
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Ella1 hit the nail on the head. We need this feature yesterday!

0 Upvotes
ee
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Yes, that would be much better. It would also be nice to be able to create a deal from the outlook extension. 

rmarchionni
Mitglied

lösung

Exactly.

0 Upvotes
Josh
Lösung

lösung

Hi @TT,

Be sure that there is a contact associated with the deal. After that, you can forward emails related to that deal (which include the associated contact) to your HubSpot forward address. 

Your forwarding address should be: YOURHUBID@forward.hubspot.com.

For ongoing communications related to the deal, you can log those emails as normal either through the email client integration or using the BCC address, which is : YOURHUBID@bcc.hubspot.com.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

MWestenholz
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Josh, it does not really solve the problem if you have some contacts with multiple deals associated to them it gets messy. 

There should be a way to associate an email to the deal directly (and to the contact as well)

VThevenoz
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Josh, I have tried to forward an email from the contact associated with the deal, and for some reason, the email does not appear associated to the deal, nor the contact on hubspot. I have waited 30 min. How long should this take? Have I done something wrong?

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @VThevenoz,

I can help with this too! 

The email should log almost instantaneously if everything is configured correctly.

Could you check if all the requirements in this Knowledge base article are met?

If yes, I'd recommend creating a new Community post here and describing your setup and how you're logging the email in more detail: is your inbox connected to HubSpot, which email client you're using, does the contact have a record in the CRM and are they assigned to the deal? 

The more info, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist. 

Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

AWright1
Mitglied

lösung

Hey Josh - 

I am hoping you are still working with Hubspot. I am having an issue related to attaching attachments that are linked to deals, in emails from Hubspot. When I go to upload a file, it doesnt show any of the PDF quotes we have generated. It will not show any of the attachments listed in the deal. All of my team is having this issue. Is there a solution? THANK YOU! 🙂

0 Upvotes
JonathonC
Mitglied

lösung

What about if it's an internal email and I don't want to cc the client? Example... "guys, this client is real pain in the a***!! Anyone have any advice for me?". Is there a way to add the email to the deal thread? eg, is there an address like THISDEALID.YOURHUBID@forward.hubspot.com or something like that??

MSnoeck
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Josh, I'm sorry, but I don't see what should be in YOURHUBID@forward.hubspot.com? 
Where do I find the right one? What does Your Hubid mean? 

Ella1
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

In your upper right hand corner, click your Company Name, and a meny will appear. You will find your company´s Hubspot ID that you will need to insert as the YOURHUBID. Ours is 7 digits.

0 Upvotes