CRM

TT
Participante

How to attach email to a deal?

resolver

Hello,

We're trying to import email conversations to a deal that was just created.

Is there a BCC address that I can send the email conversations to, and assign them to deals?

Most of our conversations are emails so this feature is very important for us.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance,

Keane

1 Soluciones aceptada
Josh
Solución
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Platinum
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Platinum

resolver

Hi @TT,

Be sure that there is a contact associated with the deal. After that, you can forward emails related to that deal (which include the associated contact) to your HubSpot forward address. 

Your forwarding address should be: YOURHUBID@forward.hubspot.com.

For ongoing communications related to the deal, you can log those emails as normal either through the email client integration or using the BCC address, which is : YOURHUBID@bcc.hubspot.com.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

37 Respuestas 37
davehillclimber
Participante

resolver

Unfortunately this does not help because it does not provide an easy way to separate multiple deals from one contact. Please, we really need this.

PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hello @davehillclimber 

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
vbnvaidy
Participante

resolver

Hi Josh,

When I forward the email from connected inbox to hubspot forward address the forwarded emails get associated with the contact which is fine, but it also gets associated with all the deals that the contact is part of which does not suite in general.

We work with same contact on multiple deals, so the forwarded email should not be associated to the deals but can be associated with the contacts.

Once it is associated to only contacts then we can choose to which deal or ticket the email needs to be associated to.

Forwarded emails automatically associated to multiple deals that the contact is part of can be manually disassociated from the deals, I agree that there is a manual solution, but it is not appropriate and it is kind of a unproductive or dual work for us.

So I look forward to a solution or method where forwarded emails from connected inbox, should not be automatically associated with the deals that the contact is part of.

Look forward to your inputs and guidance on the same

TobiasSte
Participante

resolver

I can only second what has been said before. However, from other CRMs I know the function that a forwarding email, similar to the one you mentioned, Josh, is available to attach an email to a deal.

e.g. YOURHUBID.DEALID@forward.hubspot.com

Is there something like this and I am just not seeing it?

Thank you

Tobi

wisnieja
Participante

resolver

Josh your explanation doesn't cut it for me. I work with the same contacts on many different deals. 

BobSchwieterman
Participante

resolver

VERY MUCH looking forward to HubSpot having ability to link an email to a deal and not a contact.  

Bellefield
Participante

resolver

Yes, I would like to be able to easily associate an EMAIL to a deal and not always a contact.  We have many contacts that will email us about different deals.  I can't remember how to associate the EMAIL in my conversation inbox with a deal.  

There is some instruction somewhere about forwarding the mail to our HubSpot forwarding email address but I don't know how to FORWARD emails.  I only see a REPLY option. 

I'd like to suggest that when instructing us in WHAT to do that you would also provide steps on HOW to do what you are suggesting.

Thanks

rwaldrondesigns
Participante

resolver

My emails are not associating with my deals, and sometimes we have emails to say, a sales rep, that needs to be associated with the deal. It would be great if the deal had it's own email or if we could simply have a pull down to associate a particular email to a deal.

jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @rwaldrondesigns,

If your emails aren't logging to deals as you are expecting, please begin by checking out the documentation for the extension you use: 

Gmail 
Outlook

Associating activities with specific records

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
Ella1
Participante

resolver

Hi,

I guess I am in the same situation as other here, please let me try to explain my problem.

I have let´s say 3 deals which all share the same contact (working on multiple leads with the same contact). Whenever I am logging an e-mail to HubSpot, that I send to this contact, that e-mail is being stored under all three deals. That makes no sense to me.

Would it be possible for instance to add a function that whenever you insert a recepient address into Outlook, all deals associated with that contact appears, and you can check the deal you want this e-mail to go to?

Makes sense?

Thanks,

Erlend

videnda
Participante

resolver

Hi Erlend,

We're having exactly the same issue here: one contact could have multiple deals associated with them.

It'd be really useful to have the ability to assign followup emails to the specific deal, rather than to the contact.

I hope HubSpot can work on a solution to this. It'd undoubtedly benefit many of their customers.

Best regards,

Shane

Bjornar
Participante

resolver

I have used some other ... one other... CRM-system, and they had "Deal specific BCC-adresses" as well as  "Company specific" bcc-adresses

rmarchionni
Miembro

resolver

Same issue here. The necessity is to send a mail from Outlook having the possibility to select a particular Deal associated to the destination Account of the mail itself.

A combobox on the HubSpot Sales Extension would be perfect.

The mail should be found on the Deal Log Timeline.

joshua-paul
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum

resolver
The good news is that there is a solution for situations like this. The bad news is it’s somewhat of a manual solution. You can go into each deal record and disassociate activities like specific emails from that deal. The email still stays associated with the contact, but it does not show up in the deal timeline.
sabrinag
Miembro

resolver

But I would want that email to be forward to the deal, not the contact.  How in the world am I supposed to do that?

0 Me gusta
OLukavetska
Colaborador

resolver

Hi,

Let me clarify one point. 

Do you mean that there are contacts, emails, deals (as well as other modules) on the current CRM, and the contacts have relarions to emails? But you wish to migrate them to another plartform with another relations (emails-deals)?

TT
Participante

resolver

Thanks for the answer,

However, does this mean that I can never archive any emails that I've been having with my client onto the deal page?

I would like to forward previous emails to the deal page without making my client receive the same email again.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Keane

0 Me gusta