CRM

DPG
Participant

How to associate an email with a Company that was not sent to any Company Contact/domain??

Résolue

Viewing a particular Company profile, I'd like to be able to see/add (associate) emails between our team members that relate to the Company, but are not written to any Company Contacts.

I've looked for a way to make this happen via including a CC/BCC when initially writing/addressing the email, but see no way to do that.

A workaround that seems to work, but is inefficient, is to go into one of the recipients HubSpo Contact Profile, find the email, and click through Associated with X records > Serach all records > add the desired Company that way.  (screenshot below).

There must be a CC/BCC option, or something more efficient/upstream than my workaround??

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 1.13.34 PM.jpg

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Gold

How to associate an email with a Company that was not sent to any Company Contact/domain??

Résolue

Thank you for the clarification,

Emails are always associated with a Contact, then if the Contact is associated with a Company, the email is associated with the Company (via the Contact).

So, the BCC solution will NOT help, unfortunately.

You could manually add notes but that would be tedious.

Or, a custom solution could be coded – which would take significant time and budget.

–Mike

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

8 Réponses
Mike_Eastwood

Résolue

Hi @DPG 

You can add a BCC address when you send the email. Full instructions for BCC email.

The BCC address will create a new Contact in HubSpot and include the email in their history. The email address will be something like 123456@bcc.hubspot.com where 123456 is your HubSpot ID.

However, unless the Contact has the same domain as the Company AND the you have Automatic Association turned on there won't be an automatic association between the Company and Contact (you'd have to associate them manually).

Does this work for you?

Mike

0 Votes
DPG
Participant

Résolue

Thanks for the quick reply Mike!

I think I may not of been clear, and we are talking about 2 differetn things(?).

I do not want to "create a new contact". 

I want to associate an email not addressed to anybody in Company A (nor w/ Company A's domain) in Company A's Hubspot Profile's email log.   To show there correlated, in house dialogue / emails.

Is that explanation better?

Pretty sure the below info doesn't help, but including it in case it does:

I tried the BCC strategy, but no success towards my goal.

I was hoping the BCC provied would be associated w/ the Company's HubSpot Profile, & the email should then show in the Company's HubSpot Profile's email log -  but that did not happen.

Nor could I see where the email went in HubSpot after I sent it.

0 Votes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

Résolue

Thank you for the clarification,

Emails are always associated with a Contact, then if the Contact is associated with a Company, the email is associated with the Company (via the Contact).

So, the BCC solution will NOT help, unfortunately.

You could manually add notes but that would be tedious.

Or, a custom solution could be coded – which would take significant time and budget.

–Mike

DPG
Participant

Résolue

Copy, thanks again Mike.

Your notes strategy seems a bit more efficient than my workaround mentioned in my initial post. 

I suppose I'll try that for awhile, & just have to accept that there is no efficient solution until if/when we can try the custom coding route.

Now that I have access to you, and you are so knowledgable Smiley heureux

Do you know of any way to create a list for Companies (not a Contact)?.

I'm afraid it's not possible, & saw this thread below initiated 2 years ago, commented on continually, w/o any HubSpot replies.  That surprised me.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Build-a-list-of-companies/idc-p/275883#M36522

0 Votes
Mike_Eastwood

Résolue

Company Filters is the only way to create a (not so) Smart List of Companies.

We've coded some custom solutions for our clients including:

• a Primary Contact widget in the CRM (more info) that allows you to select a Primary Contact for a Company. This means you can the build Smart Lists using Contacts (because Lists are much more powerful than Filters) and set the criteria for the Smart List using the Company Properties.
  • we've also built custom external dashboards that are used for reporting. The external dashboard takes a daily snapshot of the CRM. This gave us a filterable list based on Company and Contact Properties.

Overall I'm impressed at HubSpot because they are always rolling out new features. Not sure how much the forum influences their roadmap.

Have fun

Mike

0 Votes
DPG
Participant

Résolue

Hi Mike,

Reflecting back on "We've coded some custom solutions for our clients including:"

Do you provide that sort of a la carte service to others?

I sure would like to be able to use the Lists feature with Companies...

Cheers,
David

0 Votes
Mike_Eastwood

Résolue

Hi David,

Yes, we're a Certified HubSpot Partner Agency, and we offer À la carte (how did you know I'm a foodie?).  

Growing up in New Zealand creates a "we can't buy that so let's build our own better version" mentality. So, when we find something that can't be done in HubSpot we enjoying doing it anyway.

There are limitations with what we can do inside HubSpot, so sometimes the solution is to pull the information out of HubSpot and display it in a different system.

The first step is always to learn what you need from a business perspective (rather than a technology perspective) and work out what's ideal, what's possible and what's the best solution.

If you'd like to have a chat then I can learn more about your business requirements.

I can send you a message to book a time in my calendar - or, because of the timezones - you could message me a link to your calendar.

Cheers,

Mike

DPG
Participant

Résolue

Great tips, thanks Mike!

Certainly agree w/ "Smart Lists using Contacts (because Lists are much more powerful than Filters"!

Will pass along to our tech team & see if they are open to exploring.

Best,
DG